German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoey turned 3 on nov. 1st. She is a back & tan gsd. I met her two yrs. Ago at one of my husband's friends house. He had recently adopted her from a shelter. It was love at first sight!! I didnt want to leave without this dog. She was wild &jumped and was not trained at all but I was in love. I told this guy if he ever wanted to get rid of her to please call me. Hee said no he was keeping her he just needed to knock some sence into her. And knock around he did. After paying a dog at large ticket, buying cables and chains that didnt hold her and then coming home to a chewed up couch (this took about a month) I got a phone call:D i was told to come and get her before he put a bullet in her head. I flew over there!! I now had my dog:) I knew what he was doing wrong. He never walked her didnt do any training just expected her to know commands and to be good. And when she didnt he beat her. She was locked in a small pen or in the house. I was sure under my care she would imediatly change. And she did. She had great fun beating me to the door to give me exercise chasing her All over town! At least 7 -10times a wk. (She was a runner & I have two children so the door always seemed to be getting opened!) She was very happy to greet the aco twice while I paid dog at large tickets. Boy did I have a lot to learn!! Let fast forward afew months. I taught zoey to run beside my bike and we started going for mile runs.we worked on obedience twice a day she loves to play fetch with her ball and to swim. She became calmer and I became a lot more in shape! My love for her never lessened though any of the hard work. ( I cant say the same for my family) now lets fastforward to now. Zoey can be offleash any where she obeys voice commands hand signals and she learned the basic commands in german in 4 days!! We are working on tracking now. Zoey is so smart. She will not listen to any one else though. It would be nice if she would listen to my husband sometimes. But she has come so far im so proud of her! Gsds are amazing dogs. ( zoey is my first)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Good for you, patience and hard work pays off...I'm sure Zoey is thankful to be part of your family..

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That was a great story. Zoey and you sound like a great team and thanks for saving that little girl!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm glad she found a good home with a loving family who's willing to work with her :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts