German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I feed my pup Fromm Heartland Large Breed Puppy Food but for training, I use the Ziwi Peak Air Dried Beef dog food as treats....

My question is... im having trouble understanding the feeding ratio for that one and am concerned maybe im using one too many of the pieces of food as treats?
For clarity, i take a small handful in my pocket when we train.

Can anyone chime in?

To help here is a link to the chewy site, ziwi's site isn't loading at this time...
https://www.chewy.com/ziwi-peak-daily-dog-beef-cuisine/dp/104798

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think it depends of your pups weight and the amount of exercise/type. If you start seeing loose stool it could be due to over feeding of course given no parasites or other medical condition. Watch the physical condition of the dog not to thin not to chunky. I know my pup could eat regular meals and lots of training treats and still be thin. His appetite just slowed as well as his growing at about 13 months. He eats less now then he did as a pup.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hes 8 months. his stools are solid. we exercise for an hour on a nature trail off leash... running, playing, and training.

his body shape at the moment seems fine... just go by that if his stools seem normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts