German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just love hearing all the names everyone comes up with for thier dogs. Some are romantic, heroic, cute, strong...

There was one name I read over the last couple weeks one of your GS has- it was something really dynamic and zippy sounding like: Electro, jekyl, Astro or Ajax... grr! I cant remember! and it was a great name. I'm pretty sure there was an E and J in it,... or an A.. argh! :headbang:

I was trying to tell DH about it and then couldn't find the darn post with it. This has been bugging me for like the last 4 days! (I know.. I need to get out more :crazy:)

Ring any bells for anyone??

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More clues- I know when I read it I thought of electricity or an element or something really dynamic... I know for sure it's not "bolt". And I think it was for a male GS, but I'm very modern, I'm all for naming girls strong names too :D

Echo and Ava La Rue are great though! I'm going to have write some of these down.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See! So then you feel my pain :crazy:.. I 've been doing this for the last 4 stinkin' days! :shocked: I caught myself last night mumbling names trying to remember as I was laying down to sleep and petting Ruby. She looked at me wierd like... "Mom.. who ARE you talking to? Are they IN the room? Cuz I don't see ANY of these guys!" :shrug:

The most frustrating part is that I know it was a fair simple name, nothing more then 2 syllables. I mean I could not remember... Maximillian or Cerberus.. or Aquila Regalis Thor!! :crazy:

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
More clues- I know when I read it I thought of electricity or an element or something really dynamic... I know for sure it's not "bolt". And I think it was for a male GS, but I'm very modern, I'm all for naming girls strong names too :D

Echo and Ava La Rue are great though! I'm going to have write some of these down.
:silly: This is driving me crazy!!!

Okay - I checked some elements on the periodic table.

Copper fit into the electricity/element/dog name category.

Other's mentioned on the board but not necessarily as dog names were Boron, Cobalt, Copper as already mentioned, Krypton, Radon, and Xenon.

Argon, Neon, and Tungsten sounded like strong names to me so I threw them in as a bonus (all three fit into both lighting/electrical and elements too).
Dynamic Periodic Table

Well, Tin as in Rin Tin Tin but I'm sure you would have remembered that one.

And now I give up!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Many of us use our dogs name as our screen name so perhaps you could look at the members list and find it that way?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You said you saw it in a post. Do you remember what the post was kinda about? Maybe we find it and then find the name.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I think RubySlippers did this on purpose, she knew we would all go insane over this :wild:
BINGO! I think you're right. She probably owns stock in an instution to help people with obsessive/compulsive puzzle problems!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:D hahahah! That would be pretty sadistic of me if I had done it on purpose :p But no- I promise wasnt TRYING to drive you guys nuts. It just happens to appeal to our inner complusivness- hahaha!!

Check the screen names is a fantastic idea! Now all i gotta do is figure out how to pull them all up. :crazy:

And frankly- I'm WAY impressed that you thought to check the periodic table- copper, radon! etc....that's awesome!:laugh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts