German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that strange that even at 10 weeks his ears have been straight up! they are thick at the bottem and i have never seen a flop..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im not sure if it is normal or not, but Kai's ears went up at 7 1/2 weeks and never went down, not even during the teething phase.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Cody's went up at 12 weeks?? and never went down, Isa's ears went up at 9 weeks and never went down. Akbar's ears made me have panic attacks because his went up, then one went down, then both went down, then went up and down and finally stayed up around 16 weeks.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I was just typing in another thread, all the gsd's I've had the latest was 12 weeks, and never dropped (thank god I'm paranoid!)

Nice thick leather is what I like to see on ears:)

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
same here....Blitz's ears were up at or even a bit before 7 weeks and never wavered since! I guess we can all call ourselves luckey cause it sounds like it's an issue that A LOT of people stress over!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Molly 's ears been up since 8weeks and never went down!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Ours never flop or tip over, but when the dogs are tired they hold them down to the side of their heads so they stick straight out. (think Flying Nun) Not the most noble of looks. :D

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I love the Ear Wars- Uschi's did all sorts of acrobatics and had one that signaled a left turn for a few days, very entertaining. Stosh's went up and stayed though.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
16 weeks here. As you can see they are UP

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Ours never flop or tip over, but when the dogs are tired they hold them down to the side of their heads so they stick straight out. (think Flying Nun) Not the most noble of looks. :D
Think YODA

·
Registered
119 Posts
Zacks ears went up two days ago hes 11 weeks old today~! Dont sweat it my brothers GSD standard went up at 6 weeks and never went down. Zacks ears are currently at TEEPEE its hilarious!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds
Yoda as a puppy.

hes so freaking cute! how old is he? I love his coat i cant wait for zack to lose his puppy fluff.
Thank you! He's three now, he was about 4 months old in that picture. :) That's him in the avatar when he was about 2.5, he's 3.5 now.

I loved the puppy coat, soooo soft.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I posted a pictorial on the ear stages last night if you're interested in viewing it. It's titled Ear Stages a pictorial. I didn't have any of the 'collie' stage (where they are up except for the tips).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts