German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This weekend we are at the cottage in Muskoka for my birthday. This morning I woke up early with the dogs, and hiked the Torrance Barrens with Zeppelin. No one else was there, which made it awesome. It’s pretty wet so we have to do some backtracking but we had a fun time and Zepp enjoyed some rock climbing. -2C this morning but it’s looking to be warm this weekend, 18C apparently!
@WNGD the water levels aren’t too high on our lake this spring, have you been up yet?

Water Sky Water resources Cloud Natural landscape

Sky Plant Tree Wood Twig

Sky Plant Bedrock Road surface Natural landscape

Water Plant Dog Sky Dog breed

Plant Sky Luggage and bags Tree Backpack

Sky Water Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Sky Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
I'm coming up tomorrow (Saturday) to open up.
I know exactly those rocks at the Barrens, I used to pick blueberries down there as a kid before the barrens were the Barrens and when driving down Southwood Road was an adventure.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm coming up tomorrow (Saturday) to open up.
I know exactly those rocks at the Barrens, I used to pick blueberries down there as a kid before the barrens were the Barrens and when driving down Southwood Road was an adventure.
The drive was quite the adventure this time, hit a monstrous bump and the truck jumped 4 feet to the right lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A really nice morning here. The dogs enjoy their morning stroll around the property. We had visits from a pair of loons and geese.
Water Sky Water resources Azure Wood

Drinks together!

Furniture Couch Dog Comfort Wood

Bones together!

Water Sky Atmosphere Cloud Natural landscape

Loon

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
What a beautiful peaceful place your cottage is. Torrance Barrens look great, like Zepp was having a blast. Is that long flat ridge where the snowmobiles go through in the winter? (It's been awhile since I've been there)

Thought of you and @WNGD today driving back from Killarney - I gassed up at Magnetawan First Nation, $1.829. Shawanaga First Nation was $1.759 so should've gone there - Pointe Au Baril (not a First Nation) was $1.949 when I drove past (yipes). But over on Wahta right off the 400 - can't remember the name of it - $1.659. Had to wait in line for awhile, and was only down 1/6th of tank, but heck! You probably drive up 11 but thought I'd mention it.

Figure support Indigenous entrepeneurs and businesses and save some money at the same time. Me and a friend are going back up to Killarney Friday to backpack with Agis and I am going to be smart about my gas stops - on the way up the trip I just did I gassed up in Parry Sound and kicked myself when I got to Shawanaga!

After that digression, I just love how close the dogs are on the cushion...living the dream!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Oh shoot I forgot it was your birthday too! Happy Birthday!!!!! 🥳

Reactions: Zeppy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weekend at my parents’. Worked my horse and hiked with the dogs. Gorgeous weather, Zepp enjoyed some swims in the pool (74F water and it was only opened a week ago) unfortunately I don’t have any good pics as I have to facilitate Zepp’s swimming so he doesn’t rip the pool liner. He is getting better at using the stairs.

don’t drink the water! Helpers cleaning tack
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

wolf print? Nope, just Zepp (I am size 8.5)
@jarn the new Merrells are amazing
Road surface People in nature Asphalt Grey Grass

Plant Dog Plant community Sky Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Dog Tree Carnivore

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud People in nature

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
What a beautiful peaceful place your cottage is. Torrance Barrens look great, like Zepp was having a blast. Is that long flat ridge where the snowmobiles go through in the winter? (It's been awhile since I've been there)

Thought of you and @WNGD today driving back from Killarney - I gassed up at Magnetawan First Nation, $1.829. Shawanaga First Nation was $1.759 so should've gone there - Pointe Au Baril (not a First Nation) was $1.949 when I drove past (yipes). But over on Wahta right off the 400 - can't remember the name of it - $1.659. Had to wait in line for awhile, and was only down 1/6th of tank, but heck! You probably drive up 11 but thought I'd mention it.

Figure support Indigenous entrepeneurs and businesses and save some money at the same time. Me and a friend are going back up to Killarney Friday to backpack with Agis and I am going to be smart about my gas stops - on the way up the trip I just did I gassed up in Parry Sound and kicked myself when I got to Shawanaga!

After that digression, I just love how close the dogs are on the cushion...living the dream!
Wahta First Nation (convenience store and gas bar) is on 38 between Hwy 400 and Bala. We almost always go home that way instead of through Gravenhurst on 11. Mileage is almost identical to get to where both highways join in Barrie but the speed limit is +10kph and the views of Go Home Lake and Georgian Bay are awesome. Mrs H's Fish and Chips on the same property is supposed to be pretty good or so the lineups say. There's also a new gas station even closer to the 400 as of last year.

Gas prices are nuts right now, topping $2/litre for regular. My truck takes $150 to fill with mid grade.:mad: so we'll be heading up to the cottage less but staying longer.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Yeah @WNGD I'm doing a lot of weekend trips but we'll see how that lasts. Heading Killarney way in part because it's prettier AND I can get cheaper gas (I mean, it's 100k further, so a bit of a wash I'm sure). Trying to save other ways, though I drove to get groceries yesterday (normally I'd walk) - but since I drove I got a ton of non-perishables and stuck them in the community pantry that a church just down the road has set up outside of their gate. I'd never haul that around normally.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like taking Zeppelin in public and to stores as much as possible. I feel this helps him be a good citizen and a well-rounded dog.

Today we went to DSW (a large shoe store) with a family member after I discovered they allow dogs!

Those shoes look great, Auntie!
Dog Photograph White Blue Black

No one’s gonna steal THIS purse!!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Shelf Comfort

Shopping is SOOO tiring….
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Wood

Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Comfort Grey

He was a very good boy and went to the pet store after for some treats and a new crate pad.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts