German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zag (Cak Malabig) will be in Chicago on Tuesday :wub:!!!!! I cant wait!! He starts his trip from Germany on the 13th and gets into Chicago on Tuesday at 12:40p!!

Has anyone shipped a dog overseas before? Im not sure what to expect. I know I have to meet with customs before I can get him.I've already called and confirmed everything with the airport and customs.

Im definetly going to take him out in a quiet area and let him stretch his legs and go potty before we get in the car (its a 7 hour drive for me poor puppy)!! :crazy:

The only other thing Im worried about is his crate. I drive a little Nissan Altima and he is 7 months old so Im assuming the crate will be large...Im not sure it will fit?!?!?! Suggestions?? Im so excited, I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats on the new member of your family (pack) :). I've never had an animal shipped overseas, so I'm not going to be much help in that area - and I have an SUV, so hopefully with the right amount of "finagling", you'll be able to get the kennel in the car and get your baby home safe and sound! Congrats again and hope to see pics of the new guy on here soon! :)

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
You must be SOOO excited! Can't wait to see pics! Do you know anyone with an SUV you can borrow or maybe rent one? I would hate to hear that you had to leave the crate behind because it didn't fit and likewise who knows if he'll be clean after a long flight and you wouldn't want him in the car without the crate if he has pee or otherwise on him!

I also would suggest bringing a garbage bag, some cleaner and paper towels with you just in case, as well is a simple adjustable collar because you don't want to be struggling with resizing harness or difficult collar at the airport.

And most of all ENJOY!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Zag (Cak Malabig) will be in Chicago on Tuesday :wub:!!!!! I cant wait!! He starts his trip from Germany on the 13th and gets into Chicago on Tuesday at 12:40p!!

Has anyone shipped a dog overseas before? Im not sure what to expect. I know I have to meet with customs before I can get him.I've already called and confirmed everything with the airport and customs.

Im definetly going to take him out in a quiet area and let him stretch his legs and go potty before we get in the car (its a 7 hour drive for me poor puppy)!! :crazy:

The only other thing Im worried about is his crate. I drive a little Nissan Altima and he is 7 months old so Im assuming the crate will be large...Im not sure it will fit?!?!?! Suggestions?? Im so excited, I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Is someone coming with you? You may have to break down the crate and let him travel crateless in the car, depending on how wide your back seat is ...

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You might want to throw in a change of clothes too! Lots can happen in that 7 hrs, especially if you end up holding him in your lap for part of the trip

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
He's a gorgeous hunk of dogflesh:)) Congrats! Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get him,,of course you MUST update us!! Glad it worked out

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions :) I think Im going to try and rent an suv/van and YES there will be TOONNNNSSS of pics :)!! I dont think I will be able to sleep until Tuesday lol. Change of clothes is a wonderful idea, never would have thought about that. Paper towels and cleaner..I will definetly bring that too thanks!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And thanks for the compliments...I think so too (Im slightly biased though lol) :wub:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
if ya find you don't like him, you can send him to me:))

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:rofl: Im sure he is going to be a handful!!!!!!! The breeder described him as a rocket...I better have some body armour ready LOL!!! I cant wait to see how he does on his searches!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts