German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the vet and Vandog (male btw) weights 17 kgs, at exactly 4 months old.

I was told by the vet it's the healthy range of a GSD, he's going to weight from 35-40 kgs, strong possibility of weighting more.

So is this weight normal? How much did your puppys weight and how much do they now? :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well, if my conversion is correct, your dog weighs around 37 pounds.

At four months, Teddy weighed about 33 pounds. Teddy is female.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rio weighed 42.3 lbs at 4 months. He is 5 months old today and last week he weighed 56.5 lbs. He's a big boned boy that everyone says looks skinny.

·
Registered
803 Posts
jasmine weighed 16lbs at 4 months which we picked her up from the "breeder" at 4 months. she has toped out at 2 years old at about 61-63 lbs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I just weighed Kaiser. He's not 16 weeks old yet (you asked about a 4 month weight) but at 14 weeks, 5 days, he weighs 31 pounds. This is the standard/average weight of a 12 week old male puppy, according to the chart I'm referencing. Good thing about averages, is they are just that ;) He may be small for his age now, but unless I'm missing something, I think I'd rather him grow more slowly than not in order to help keep his joints happy.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Linus was 41.5 lbs (18.8kg) at four months. He's the biggest in his puppy class and, I believe, his litter.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Delgado was 30.6 lbs at 16 weeks (vet scale)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep my male pup weighed in at 17kgs at 4 months too. Makes me feel better because I always see people online saying "yeah well my pup is x months and he weighs xxkgs/lbs" (always approx. 5kgs more than mine) and I felt like mine was small or underweight. He is gangly and awkward - but thats to be expected. He's on a 100% raw diet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts