German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** The story section will not allow me access, so I am posting here.**

Let me start off by saying, I live in an apartment building, on the 18th floor.

Okay, so I went to take Stark out for our nightly walk and potty break when I notice the elevators are taking a bit longer than usual. I waited there for a good 5-10 minutes before deciding to take the stairs.

So we went down all 18 flights of stairs, not that big of a deal. It wasn't really that bad.

We go on our walk and have a nice stroll. Stark saw another dog across the street and didn't even bark! (have been having teenage boy butthead moments with him lately so this is a big deal to me) and then we see a guy dressed in black who looked a little scared of Stark. He went on the grass as we approached. This usually would set Stark off in a barking-stravaganza but he was very good! He actually wagged his tail and got a pet from the stranger who said he was a friendly, happy boy (YAY!).

Anyways, so we finish the walk and come back to the apartment lobby where on the elevators it says, "Sorry for the innconvience but the elevators are out of service and will be up as soon as possible".... umm... your kidding me right?

So, Stark and I had to climb up 18 flights of stairs!!!

I think I am pretty fit and I know that Stark is, but MAN OH MAN that almost killed me!

My legs are like jello and I can hardly breath.. lol. Stark of course is still full of puppy energy! Oh, to be a dog!

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
That does suck!

I take the stairs everywhere just because I have a phobia of elevators!!! Sometimes it is really bad in high buildings...or at the hospital. People always look at me strange when I am out of breath at 6am in the morning from climbing to the 7th floor.

Guess you and your boy got a good workout tonight!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I would have waited down their until the elevator was fixed. LOL Either that, or get a trash can lid and have him pull me up. xD
But geez! 18 flights of stairs? I'd have to stop after every 2 and take a 10 minute rest!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My calves are still numb.. lol.. just kidding!

I did have a fear of elevators until I moved here.. 18 floors, several times a day.. umm.. no thanks, I'll risk it! ;)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Wow that reminds me of a recent family vacation... The elevator stopped working and our rooms were on the 8th floor! My mom was with me and she has a bad knee... We found out when we got back from dinner and so she was stuck in the lobby. Luckily it was a hotel that had snacks and drinks in the lobby in the evenings. We were talking about going to another hotel for the night, but they finally got the elevator fixed.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I'm severely claustrophobic and terrified of elevators.... Problem is, I'm also disabled and unable to take stairs any longer! When I was 15 I was on the 11th floor of a hotel once, and kept taking the stairs because of my fear. I have rules about elevators, I won't ride in one alone (because then if it got stuck there would be just me freaking out and no one to take control of the situation) and I won't if there are too many people (because theres less space for me.) So I would frequently run out of the elevator because it got past my threshold lol. Get on ok, but pick up too many people on the way up or down... I'm outa here!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
When I was a kid I hated elevators. I insisted on using the stairs or escalators unless I was forced to use the elevator. I had a very sensitive stomach so my stomach would lurch horribly when riding them (never liked roller coasters either!) That and the concept just seemed like a bad idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts