German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used Reiki to help in healing regarding health or even behavioral issues ?

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Yes! Love it. I am not sure how it works, what the deal is, it is not anything I can believe in, but, if it can work, it seems to.

I had my therapy dog at an event and he was getting some Reiki. He got so relaxed that he fell over. Another dog I had at another event went to the Reiki person repeatedly and would put her hips under the woman's hands, as did a second dog. Because there's no way a dog would have a false reaction because they think they are supposed to feel a certain way, it really was amazing to see.

I've used it for very ill dogs as well, having it done remotely while they were at the vet office, and like I said when it can help, it does.

They seem to enjoy it! I've had it done on me and found it was effective when other things were not - when it could be - when I blew out discs in my back, nope! For a thumb that wasn't able to bend, or my lungs - yes.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I first read about it when I was learning about dealing with Kiya's seizures years ago. My sister-in law had a in house reiki party. The woman (very young 30's maybe) had learned and became certified after caring for her mom. The session was about 1/2 hour. Obviously it was a very relaxing experience, calming. When I was leaving she didn't say too much to me except for something about me taking care of a lot, I assume between all my critters, my elderly aunt and my husband. Shortly after I left my sister-in law texted me to say she told her she saw the mother and a rosary. Well my husbands friend gave us a rosary that is supposed to have a relic in it when my husband got sick.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I routinely go to a BodyTalk practitioner for health and behaviour issues I have. I have to say, I've been going since october and she has helped me a lot. With Ziras passing I took a few (hundred) steps back, but I feel myself taking steps forward each day. I strongly recommend Reiki or BodyTalk to those open to it!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I also started going to yoga I recommend yoga100%. For the critters Tellington T-Touch is also interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts