German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Youngstown, OH | 44 PURE!

This wonderful dog came in on:
JANUARY 14 This dog is available for adoption/euthanasia on:
JANUARY 20
This dog came in as a stray and there is no background information.
If interested please contact by phone @ 330-740-2205 EXT 2 to adopt this precious dog.
IT IS BEST TO CALL BEFORE ADOPTION / EUTHANASIA DATE TO BE PUT ON ADOPTION LIST FOR THIS DOG

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bump, he looks so worried! :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know of any transports that come from Ohio to the Maryland area? There are so many in need which we would love to be able to help, but transport has always gotten in the way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I called the shelter today. Youngstown OH is a good distance for me but it's doable. I was told he has 4 names on him, meaning 4 people have called to adopt him. On Jan 21, they will start calling number 1, and if they don't take him, then number 2, and so on. :confused:

I'm number 5, so if all 4 fall through for some reason, they'll call me.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Just came through via email to me, WILL BE PTS tomorrow......................................... :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
On the board for Youngstown #44, male shepherd- someone from Mid Atlantic GSD Rescue asked if there is transport from Ohio to them.
Would you please post the number contact info for Erica a volunteer at the shelter. She helps contact rescues etc.... line up pulls etc....
Maybe it will help this boy get out of the shelter .
Erica 330-550-8780
[email protected]

Thanks
Debbie

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Just came through via email to me, WILL BE PTS tomorrow......................................... :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
If he has 4 names on him already, I really doubt he will be PTS tomorrow. There is a local GSD rescue as well, so there is a chance that one of the local rescue people is one of the names on him.

This is a kill shelter (county pound) but they have improved a lot over the years. My understanding now is that they are willing to work with rescue and willing to hold nice, healthy dogs past their required time in many cases. They still have a long way to go but they are drastically better than what they were 10 or 15 years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I received an email back from the shelter that he has local apps. on him. If they do not work out they will contact me. He is safe for now.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
ADOPTED !!!!! :D :D

Mods, plz move...................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts