German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Kris,

A few questions...

1. How old was she when you got her? What is her background? Did she come from a breeder? If so what lines does the breeder work with? Shelter? Rescue?

2. How much "free" exercise does she get, meaning on a long line or in a big fenced in area running, chasing, retrieving, etc.?

There are some conflicting behaviors in your description, but if I am reading it right I don't see fearful or panicked behavior, I see excitement.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
O.K., nothing traumatic or out of the norm for her background. She does not sound fearful, just a regular goofy pup that gets excited and wants to check everything and everyone out on her own terms, not yours. Only suggestions I have are to play a nice long game of fetch prior to your walks, and load you pockets up with treats. You want her to think of you as a walking treat dispencer. Eventually this will create a feeling of "every time I pay attention to Mom good things happen, and only good things come from Mom". Wait to feed her until a while after the walk, so she is hungry when you walk her. Make sure whe knows you have the treats and make them something smelly and yummy that she values higher than anything else. I bet you she stays by you and keeps pushing your buttons to get the treats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts