German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
lMy 2yr. old rescue Heidi is an only dog and when my son brings over his 2 elderly dogs she's

dying to play and interact with them, but alas, they're getting elderly and grouchy.

I'm looking for suggestions of a largish, floppy type toy animal that she can carry around,

maybe sleep with. She has one little monkey toy that she adores but I 'd like something bigger.

Bonus points if it makes noise or squeaks. Any favorite toys that you'd recommend?

PS/ Orphan Heidi is learning so much daily, has graduated to all semi-cooked meats, is learning

some good doggy manners and is accepting her real job of guarding the farm and animals.

Sunday we took her out for an enrichment trip and introduced her to a donkey, peacocks,

chickens, swimming in big lake and meeting strangers and children. I have horses and cats and

have spent 2 weeks socializing her to them without attacking. Her feral drive was in overdrive

when I got her so it's been an hourly effort to turn this around. She's learning, slowly.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I would see whats out there as it seems you know what it is you want.

As far as Heidi is concerned any big new wobbie will be fine I'm thinking.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, another first on Saturday. Heidi was exposed to a momma black bear and a spring baby. Fortunately there were

2 field fences between her and the bears so she just watched for 15-20 min. not sure of how to react.

My last GSD chased smaller bears and had a 'bear bark' to scare off the bigger ones. Need to teach Heidi to 'bear bark.'

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Perhaps garage sale stuffed animals?Cheap and cheerful.Careful with those bears!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts