German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we get a call Saturday afternoon from the breeder we've gotten a number of dogs from (some for us, some for friends or club members). She and her husband are on a weekend getaway not too far away and asked if they could come by for a quick visit. We currently have 2 dogs from their breedings that we got in September, one is a 1.5yo male and the other is a 5mo female. The male is from a breeding that we had a deposit on, but didn't get a pup from since we were last in line and she didn't get that many males. A club member did get one of the males, and we just love him and have lamented how bummed we were not to get a pup but, oh well. She called us in September because she was selling the male she kept for herself (very long story, but yay for us). When my husband got there to get him, she showed him the little female from another litter and my husband fell in love and brought her home, too. I also have a deposit on a pup for myself due to be born Dec 7th or so. Anyway, they got here just as we were finishing tracking. The dogs were so excited to see them, it was pretty cute. We hung out and talked dogs and breedings for an hour or two and then they had to get home(long drive). As they were leaving she said how excited she was about my soon to be girl and that she knew she would love living here.
This time I'm first in line for deposits, so I'm thinking luck will be on my side.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Good for you guys!! Can't wait to see pictures!! It's always nice when the breeders are personal like that. My moms GSD breeder wasn't personal at all. Brodys breeder still keeps in contact with me and I send her pictures about once a month. Good luck to you and your family of pups!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Yea that's what I was adding up. YEEHHAAA!!!! Wish I was your neighbor that's all I have to say..

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I think 3? The 1 1/2 yr old, the 5 mo old, and the one due in Dec.

I can't talk much, we have a 3 mo old son, 2 foster puppies that are coming up on approx 4 wks old and Dante... ;)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, we also have 2 1yo Highline males, a 9yo male and a 2yo German import male. Plus my 3yo Lancashire Heeler.
It's bad when 2 dog people (who are both into Schutzhund) get married and end up with kids who are into dogs, too. My 19yo son is a helper in training and my 14yo daughter is getting ready for the BH with one of the highline dogs.
One thing my husband and I learned a long time ago, was not to pass up a good dog if one comes our way. We have a lot of people who contact us looking for trained dogs, so we will probably end up selling a few that we have. The female I've got a deposit on will is intended for me as a competition dog( I put my 14yo Beauceron bitch to sleep 2 years ago and haven't had a dog of my own to work since then). We don't usually buy dogs with the intention of selling them later, we usually get talked out of them by persistent people who meet them at our training place. Some go to police departments (locally) but most go to families who want a well-socialized trained dog. Most of our buyers continue with Schutzhund, so we see those dogs regularly.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts