German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dogsit quite often, and a few things have stood out...

- The Chihuahua that would not eat out of a bowl, you had to finger feed it each piece of kibble individually

- My older dog that will only sleep in bed, and under the covers. If not, he whines all night

- There is nothing wrong with making your dogs food and making sure it is healthy, but when you spend hours cooking their food, and then eat a frozen dinner yourself, their spoiled!

Anyone else? Your most spoiled pup stories!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The only Spoiled Puppy story I can think of is something that we do every year for the holidays; my parents did it with our dogs then and I just continued the tradition. We cook a special, dog safe meal for the dogs every holiday. If we eat something special, they get something special. My Dad would roast a Chicken or a very lean beef roast, make mashed sweet potatoes and carrots, and homemade blueberry ice cream. They also got dog safe gravy to go with it.

This year, Finn got a raw Cornish Game Hen with mashed sweet potatoes and vanilla ice cream. I sprinkled the hen with some Parsley and fresh made gravy and he was good to go. There are times where I will fresh cook a meal for Finn and I'll eat a PB&J, but that's few and far between.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My grandmas dogs get a piece of peanut butter toast every morning lol.

Eko won't eat hard treats unless I break them into pieces for him. If I set one in front of him and don't break it he just looks at me then nudges the treat toward me and whines. :p

·
Registered
131 Posts
When she has a purple food dispenser toy and everytime she wants to use it, she nudges you to move the rope, so that the food would come out. Plus she's a brat in general and everytime she wants to play she will stick a toy in your face

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts