German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a list sounds like fun!

1. You work with dogs ALL day, 6 days a week, and in your off-hours (on the drive home, even) you STILL get excited when you see a dog, any dog lol.
1a. You even wind down to a marathon of "Dogs 101" or other dog themed TV specials once home.

2. You have more Dog Food measuring cups than real measuring cups.

... now everyone add their own!

·
Registered
330 Posts
When you have more books about dog training, behavior, history, food and treat recipes that you have actual novels.

(The sad part that this is true for me!) *stares at bookshelf and sighs*

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
1. You reflect on the only tantrum you threw (that you remember) as a kid and it was over a stuffed dog.

2. Your house is full of hair and dog food, and your kennels are spotless.

3. You need to wash dishes because you do not have a plate for the dog.

4. You need to run to the 24 hour Wal-Mart after midnight to buy meat for the dogs.

5. You have more t-shirts sporting GSDs than sports teams.

6. You cannot get sick, injured, arrested, or killed because -- who would take care of my dogs???

7. The Christmas cards you sent out had pictures in them for the first time, pictures of your dogs.

Yupp, I am gone.

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
When you have more books about dog training, behavior, history, food and treat recipes that you have actual novels.

(The sad part that this is true for me!) *stares at bookshelf and sighs*
I have a whole book case just for dog books, and have to weed it regularly! And half the time, the book case is empty and the books are all over the house.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a whole book case just for dog books, and have to weed it regularly! And half the time, the book case is empty and the books are all over the house.
Lol. My hubby makes fun of me. "ANOTHER training book?" haha

You know when:
1. You get a job as a dog trainer because you want to be able to bring your dog to work with you and quit because he wasn't enjoying coming any more!

2. You spend the day reading on a GSD Forum :whistle:

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
One of the people in my training group owns a boarding/ grooming kennel.
The kennel had an outbreak of kennel cough over the holidays, even with all dogs vaccinated against it.
Kennel owner closed down the kennel for a week and went to volunteer at Best Friends Sanctuary during the downtime "vacation"....that is "crazy for dogs" at its best!!!

Could have gone to a sunny island, but no, frigid Utah, and brought home a cold of her own.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You know you're crazy for dogs when:

1.You spend days waiting for a dog you don't know, but have read about on a forum, to poop out a stick so you know he's okay. :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
When you choose a car by how well your dogs will fit in it or how comfortable it will be for the dogs (yes, we have a minivan here and no children!)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
You know you are crazy for dogs when....

1. You spend more $money$ on training equipment and classes for your dog than your own tuition.

2. You spend more time studying Rally-O, SchH patterns/routines than studying for your exams.

3. You don't give a guy a second look if they seem nervous of your "big scary dog".

4. You are more concerned about moving closer to training clubs than closer to your work.

5. You spend 7 years in post secondary school then wonder if your parents would be totally disappointed in you if you became a dog trainer?

6. Your living room looks like an agility course.

7. Your closet has more "dog training clothes" than nice outfits to go out in.

8. Your closet has more leashes, collars, harnesses, etc. than shoes and coats.

9. Before leaving for a hike or walk in the dead of winter, you wonder "does the dog need a coat?" then leave with a spring jacket on because you spent all your money on the dogs jacket and can't afford one for yourself.

10. "Hmmm... ground beef is on sale... I think I'll stock up... Okay, dogs are done.. I guess I'll have hotdogs tonight."

11. You spend more time worrying about the calories, protein, carbs, etc. in your dogs daily meals than your own.

12. You spend more money and time researching suppliments for your dog than you do for yourself.

13. "Why did he do that? What can I do to change that? Is it me?" These are regular conversations you have with your friends - except your talking about your dog - not the cute boy across the hall.

14. Your friends constantly shake their head at you mid conversation and look totally bored - You don't get it, don't they realize how much time and energy went into getting him to heel like that?!

15. Your facebook profile looks like a shrine to your dog - which of course it is! ;)

*That's all I got for tonight, I am sure there will be more to add. :) Fun thread!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

1.You spend days waiting for a dog you don't know, but have read about on a forum, to poop out a stick so you know he's okay. :)
:rofl: I know, the suspense is killing me too!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
You know you love dogs when you go to your friends house and you greet their dogs before you greet your friends. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
When you already have a half dozen dogs, and someone brings over a couple more for you to watch for a while (which stretches out past 6 months) and it doesn't even phase you...:doggieplayball:

When you read through a thread like this one, and you can see yourself in at least 25 of the previous posted situations. :paranoid:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
When you watch and own all movie with dogs

watch all shows that have to do with dogs

Stay home from work for a week when your dog get spayed

spend about 60$ a week on toys and treats(wife)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts

:rofl:

Ok, I'm guilty......me too!!
We once changed our vacation plans by a week because the friends we have that watch or "babies" when we're gone, were not able to take them until 2 weeks later. We moved our plans back.

We also bought vehicles based on "dog room."

You spend more time worried about what your dog eats then about what you eat.

The very first day I was a member here, there was an URGENT post about a beautiful dog in NC and I spent a couple of hours making plans to drive from MN to NC to adopt this dog. Thankfully, someone took him before I had to go.

When you come home from a 6 day fishing trip, the dogs get a hug before you hug your wife. (Still paying for that one by the way and it's been 3 years...........don't tell her, but I'd do it again tomorrow :eek:)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
haves two dog of your own and still want to go to school to learn how to groom so you be around dogs 24/7

apply for every dog related job on the planet.... 6 times

when all you talk about with your best friend is dog related things ie like what to name your grooming shop you're going to open someday.

when every word that comes out of your mouth when talking to family is dog related

when you blow off a chance to make more money to go check out a dock diving event for her dog.

when you freak out over human hair in your food, but don't bat an eye at dog hair.

when dog hair is a part of your wardrobe and no one expects anything less.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
When you choose a car by how well your dogs will fit in it or how comfortable it will be for the dogs (yes, we have a minivan here and no children!)
I agree I'm more worried about how my dog is going to fit in the car than mey two kiddos... 6 & 7 :p!! Yes I'm currently looking for a new vehicle. I have taken tape measure up there to the dealship to measure the back. My dog must be comfortable......(THEY THINK IM CRAZY) :happyboogie: Yes most things I do talk about with family is about my dog and GSD.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Yes I'm currently looking for a new vehicle. I have taken tape measure up there to the dealship to measure the back. My dog must be comfortable......(THEY THINK IM CRAZY) :happyboogie: Yes most things I do talk about with family is about my dog and GSD.
We're looking for a new car too. I just asked my husband yesterday if he thought the dealer would care if we said we have to put the dogs in the back of all the cars we like, to see if they'll fit before we buy something!;)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
How about having to empty the contents of your large purse at the train station because one of the dogs in training showed "interest" in the contents, only to have a few bully sticks and pig ears in various stages of chewing fall out on the table. :( than having to explain what they are).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts