German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keira always wears her collar except when crated and even then the first thing I do after taking her out of the crate is put her collar back on.

Yesterday I decided it was a good day for her bath, so I gathered up the towels took her collar off and put her in the bath tub. Once she was rinsed off, I began towel drying her and realized I had left her brushes down stairs so I started down to retrieve them

She started down at my heels and then abruptly stopped, and turned around to run back upstairs. When I looked to see what was going on, I saw her run into my bedroom and jump on the bed. She picked something up and than ran back to me on the stairs, dropping what was in her mouth on the step in front of me. It was her collar. She stood there looking at me as if to say “what’s wrong with you Mom; you know I can’t do downstairs without my collar!” She was still pretty damp but I put it on anyway as she obviously thought this was a serious oversight on my part.

There are days when I wonder who is training who!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
That's cute. They do get attached to them! It's the only fashion accessory a girl dog can have so I guess it means a lot.

When I take Morgan's collar off to switch her tags, she sits right next to me looking sad until I put it back on. Same thing when it goes in the wash. When Luther was with us, he used to rip it off her neck just to make her angry! She'd beat him up then find me, collar in her mouth so I'd put it back on.

Last week, I bought her a new one since she's been wearing the same one for 6 years and I'm just sick of it. Wasn't sure she'd like it but she was so pleased with herself to have a nice new Lupine cosmos print, matches the leash she's had for years.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Aw, she was making sure it was 'out of the crate' time!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Oh that is just too cute! What a smartie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts