German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching a lot of dog training videos, so far I have come across Leerburg & Zak George. I like that Zak is free and very easy to find SHORT and informative training videos. I wanted to see if there were any other trainers/You Tubers/Websites you preferred for training or preparing for a new dog?

·
Super Moderator
18,686 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Kikopup, Donna Hill, Kristen Crejesto for pups & beginners, just starting out peeps & dogs, oh, & trick training vids too

Chad Mackin, Tyler Muto if you need more control than a cookie

Larry Krohn if you are exploring the idea of e-collars

Michael Ellis search for his theory of dog training, a one hour talking head grind that will tell you how operant conditioning (how dogs or us think and learn).

I also like Michael Ellis & others on the Leerburg site for engagement/tug playing hints & demo's.

All of the above, free free free

·
Super Moderator
4,735 Posts
I really like The Collared Scholar by Meagan Karnes
General Training Archives | The Collared Scholar

She has more written articles than videos but I find that they are spot on. She just finished up a 7 Day Play Challenge on Facebook to encourage people to go out and play tug with their dogs, including not only the "how to" but the "why". Even though she trains for a living she is generous with her advice.

And I now have a very goofy video on You Tube thanks to this challenge.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I really like The Collared Scholar by Meagan Karnes
General Training Archives | The Collared Scholar

She has more written articles than videos but I find that they are spot on. She just finished up a 7 Day Play Challenge on Facebook to encourage people to go out and play tug with their dogs, including not only the "how to" but the "why". Even though she trains for a living she is generous with her advice.

And I now have a very goofy video on You Tube thanks to this challenge.
I train with her in Cali sometimes because we use the same ring decoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts