German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
that is awesome!!! lets hope it gets around and things start to change for the better. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
That is great!

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is SO great!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I'm in CT, and unfortunately there are ALOT of pits/mixes in the shelters here. A good thing tho, is most of the humane societies here are 'no kill', but unfortunately, there are alot of landlords that are anti pit. so it's kinda catch 22 around here:(

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
That's pretty nice.. I saw a couple of off things - like historical facts - but most of the time it's full of BS about "It's ALL how they're raised!". I'm glad they said genetics come into play when it comes to animal issues.. I would have put my emphasis on possible dog aggression, because it was really turn so bad when one turns on and your pomeranian happens to be there..

But altogether it was 100X better than most shelter pit bull info pages! Thanks for sharing.

lol - did you know one of the Petey's came directly from fighting dogs? Just a fun fact. I always love watching those movies/shows, he's entertaining..

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I love this! I have yet to meet a aggressive Pitbull, well they were listed as aggressive towards other dogs or young children(the children one is usually because they get very excited around little kids.) But they always love me.lol

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I love this! I have yet to meet a aggressive Pitbull, well they were listed as aggressive towards other dogs or young children(the children one is usually because they get very excited around little kids.) But they always love me.lol

same here on the yet to meet an aggressive pit bull. all the ones i've met have been teddy bears and life long puppies.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in CT, and unfortunately there are ALOT of pits/mixes in the shelters here. A good thing tho, is most of the humane societies here are 'no kill', but unfortunately, there are alot of landlords that are anti pit. so it's kinda catch 22 around here:(
Anti-pit is soooo stupid... its the owner/handler that causes any dog breed to be a red case or mean not the dog itself. Any dog breed can be aggressive.

Also what happened in the past in a dogs life is in the past... Dogs live in the NOW. Yes their current mental disposition may be changed from the past but they don't dwell and think back to what happened. All that is in their mind is what is happening current with and around them.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Anti-pit is soooo stupid... its the owner/handler that causes any dog breed to be a red case or mean not the dog itself. Any dog breed can be aggressive.

exactly!!! its too bad though that there are people out there who refuse to listen to the truth of the matter. Its sad too because you ban one, they find another to use, and it starts all over again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts