German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the shelter:

Hello everyone, once again I am sending out a plea to help a German shep. She is an extra sweet girl. We have her as 3 yrs old, hw positive, and seems to have serious ear infections. We had her in a kennel with another dog and she got along with her just fine. At feeding time she seems to get a little food aggressive toward the other dog but not to humans, she can also be corrected when she growls at the other dog and seems to know that isn't acceptable behavior. When you correct her she gets very submissive. She can sit and lie down. I'm not sure what other commands she might know. This girl is very lovable, seems happiest when she is with you, as she is lying beside me now. She will lean against you when you pet her. I need to get her out of here by Saturday at 12:30. If you can help me with her please let me know asap. You can contact me at 803-628-3190 or by email at [email protected]. Because we are a shelter we do not offer transport.

Thank you

Tracy Morgan
Adoption/Volunteer/Rescue Coordinator
York County Animal Shelter
713 Justice Blvd. / PO Box 120
York, SC 29745
803-628-3190

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Re: York, SC ID#A023499 F 3yrs B&T HW+ 8/9 PTS!

I can donate to an approved rescue to help with her expenses.

Please send me a PM if help is needed.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

from shelter:

...When I go in to put her medicine in her ears she is so playful. She knows what I'm going to do and will just lay down. When we're done I play with her and she just leans against me and whines...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Just received this e-mail on this girl: Per Tracy at the shelter -

<span style="color: #CC0000">Hey you guys, no one has stepped forward to help this girl, she will die tomorrow, Saturday, 8/9 at noon. There has to be someone out there who can help her - just look at that face.</span>

·
Registered
254 Posts

This girl can help you process paperwork.

Tracy also said:
I just wanted to also tell everyone that I gave the sweet GSD a bath because while she was in my office I noticed she was covered in fleas. She stood there and was really good. I also sprayed some medicine in her ears and she was fine with that too. She is such a sweet girl. Her little bit of food aggression could be because she is emaciated. I could tell more when I gave her a bath. She doesn't mind them eating she just doesn't want them getting into her bowl

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

This girl is just killing me...

·
Registered
254 Posts

I'll temp foster if that helps. You can check me out through Noble, VGSR, ECHO and GSRA.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

That would be great Alex!! No one has committed to her though...
I am going to give you a call in a couple minutes here...

·
Registered
254 Posts

IDK if people are aware but all her vetting is done (shots, deworm, microchip, spay) for like $53 (pull fee). ALTHOUGH!!! If asked nicely they may forgo the pull fee. That still leaves the hw treatment but I've found it can be done for about $150 a shot for a normal size GSD around here (where the dog is).

·
Registered
254 Posts

Originally Posted By: DanniThat would be great Alex!! No one has committed to her though...
I am going to give you a call in a couple minutes here...
I know. I offered to help incentivise someone to commit. Thanks for looking out.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

offer to temp foster in earlier post ...

Originally Posted By: Darcy1Just received this e-mail on this girl: Per Tracy at the shelter -

<span style="color: #CC0000">Hey you guys, no one has stepped forward to help this girl, she will die tomorrow, Saturday, 8/9 at noon. There has to be someone out there who can help her - just look at that face.</span>

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

please help ... offer to temp foster in earlier post ...

Originally Posted By: Darcy1Just received this e-mail on this girl: Per Tracy at the shelter -

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Alex just recieved an email- this girl is HW Negative!!!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Re: York, SC ID#A023499 F 3yrs B&T 8/9 PTS!

HW FREE FALSE POSITIVE ... offer to temp foster in earlier post ...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: York, SC ID#A023499 F 3yrs B&T 8/9 PTS!

Young, well adjusted, hw negative dog, all vetting can be done for under $60 and offer to temp foster. If anyone is thinking about it but has questions, ask your questions please.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts