German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of yesterday's hike. It was supposed to be 2 hours but one wrong turn and it turned into 4 hours..........I am soooooooo sore lol.

It's all in the eyes...

Dad, a little help here.....

Rabbit POOOOOOOOOOOPPPPP WHOOOOOO

Looks like ANWAR

I like snow but a bit deep don't you think?

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Bet your dog didn't mind the extra 2 hours!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Enjoyed the pictures, I bet you and your pup took a good nap when you got back home! :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Love love love this. The "rabbit poop" pic made me laugh. First thing in the morning, when we let the dogs out to potty, the first thing they both do is check the entire yard for rabbit poop. I asked my vet about this many years ago and she told me that rabbit poop is like M&M's to a dog.
I've given up trying to get them to stop, we all just get frustrated.
Your dog is lucky to get a great hike like that, it looks beautiful there.
I love snow and would rather be out on a day like that then in the summer when it's hot and humid.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love love love this. The "rabbit poop" pic made me laugh. First thing in the morning, when we let the dogs out to potty, the first thing they both do is check the entire yard for rabbit poop. I asked my vet about this many years ago and she told me that rabbit poop is like M&M's to a dog.
I've given up trying to get them to stop, we all just get frustrated.
Your dog is lucky to get a great hike like that, it looks beautiful there.
I love snow and would rather be out on a day like that then in the summer when it's hot and humid.
Yeah I gave up on trying to stop her from eating the rabbit turds lol. I try to get her out for a hike 2 times a week and just let her be a dog, she seems to like it but I mix it up with some leash walks as well the rest of the week.

It is beautiful in NEPA, the area I was in that time was a bit barren because it had been cleared out years ago for a prison but it was never built so the state took the land over and cut a whole bunch of trails through it.

I agree the snow is nice but it was hard to walk through and with a wind chill of -5 it took a toll on my cheeks lol

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Yeah I gave up on trying to stop her from eating the rabbit turds lol. I try to get her out for a hike 2 times a week and just let her be a dog, she seems to like it but I mix it up with some leash walks as well the rest of the week.

It is beautiful in NEPA, the area I was in that time was a bit barren because it had been cleared out years ago for a prison but it was never built so the state took the land over and cut a whole bunch of trails through it.

I agree the snow is nice but it was hard to walk through and with a wind chill of -5 it took a toll on my cheeks lol
I bet. We have a large regional park about 2 miles from our house. There is also a dog park about a 5 minute drive from our house. We don't go to the dog park much because of the other owners......dogs are fine, owners are idiots.
We go to the regional park because we can walk there and they have a cross county ski area with groomed trails that we can walk on. The dogs are supposed to be leashed but I know the rangers and they never hassle me about letting them run. I had one lady skiing out there last winter that "reminded" me about the leashes so I leashed them up and went somewhere else to let them run. This park also has 8 miles of trails.
Last summer, my wife and her friend took the dogs there for a walk. They usually go 4 miles but got turned around and ended up doing the entire trail system plus the walk there and back. About 12 miles in all. Everyone was pooped the next day.
I love the winter weather, but in Minnesota, you got mostly winter so why not go with it.
You should try snowshoes if you want to make it easier for you to walk. It's really easy to learn and it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Beautiful! I love the 1st one - you can even see the snowflakes on his nose!

·
Registered
385 Posts
That looks SO FUN!! Love how happy the pup looks plunged into the deep snow. I want to get that kind of snow here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts