German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dax is such a tough guy..... hides behind mom every night when its play time lol. He hides behind me every chance he gets. I'm his shield from Shasta. I feel used.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Very cute. Looks like those two have hit it off pretty well.

And I think i've got the same gate as you. Is that smaller one like 20 years old?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cute. Looks like those two have hit it off pretty well.

And I think i've got the same gate as you. Is that smaller one like 20 years old?

They're pretty good. Shasta is still a little rough with him sometimes but she eases up really quick.

As for the gate, it may as well be 20 years old. It's actually almost 8 years old. Bought it at walmart. It's survived Riley and Zena, then Shasta's puppy body slamming into it, and hopefully it will survive Dax and his body slamming/climbing/chewing it. It's also survived my kids climbing over it and whatnot.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Dax is a tough little guy... or at least a loud one! ;)

I think he is gorgeous and the photo's of Shasta and him are adorable!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dax is a tough little guy... or at least a loud one! ;)

I think he is gorgeous and the photo's of Shasta and him are adorable!

He's GREATLY improved on the loud... at least in the crate. He's chatty. I'm convinced he likes the sound of his own voice. Also convinced he thinks the world revolves entirely around him and nothing else can exist or run smoothly without him under foot trying to trip people into the water dish.

Was looking at pics from previous litters comparing pups to how they look as adults or more mature and my God, going off that, he's going to look AMAZING as an adult. Love my little stunner.

hopefully get a video soon of him running for cover by me lol. It's hysterical.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I love how his personality shines through :D Handsome little dude :wub:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
He looks a lot like my ddr pup (who is now 6 months old) and he is very vocal too! When he plays with the adults it's the loudest noise I've ever heard coming out of a dog...a many strange ones at that! lol If I get time I'll throw a thread up and introduce him.

Are you planning on doing anything with him? We are in Nose work classes, started him at 4 months which is the yongest they have had.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
They look so cute playing together, you have two beautiful babies, thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Awww. He is adorable and handsome at the same time!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I love the tug picture and them lying on the rug having the typical GSD "union meeting" :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He looks a lot like my ddr pup (who is now 6 months old) and he is very vocal too! When he plays with the adults it's the loudest noise I've ever heard coming out of a dog...a many strange ones at that! lol If I get time I'll throw a thread up and introduce him.

Are you planning on doing anything with him? We are in Nose work classes, started him at 4 months which is the yongest they have had.

The goal is IPO. The way he's always got his nose to the ground, I think he'll be fabulous at the tracking portion. lol. We have to figure out whats going on in the next year before we can start looking to start training for that though. Not sure where we'll be duty station wise or if Geramy will be in school for two years and the kids and I go back home.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. Dax is a nut. He fits right in with my other crazy animals. He's rediscovered the cats and trying to play with them. He's refusing to understand that they don't WANT to play. And I admit, I shamelessly use Shasta to help wear him out at bedtime. Not that she complains or anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts