German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,149 Posts
I think I might consider getting a dog ramp to get Shadow into and out of the Jeep - maybe there's just something about the motion of getting into the Jeep is bothering him, even though he seems normal doing everything else.

We got a ramp for Ray to get in and out of the SUV because it seemed like he was hesitant about it, but never really yelped or anything. But the ramp just seemed to make it easier for him and was easier on his joints.

· Registered
3 Posts
I just had the same problem is my dog. Straight and level no problems. jumping in a car or going up a steep inclines (bank at the lake, stairs ) she has problems, cries and holds up her left hind quarter. X-ray showed a calcium deposit on her spine. I'm thinking it's pinching the nerve. Going to a Chiropractor to see if that helps. Otherwise it's pain killers for her... Again straight and level no problems just on stairs and hilly terrains and jumping up into cars. Sucks as she loves to be out in the outback. An x-ray will will tell all if it's not soft tissue damage. good luck

· Registered
7,290 Posts
I had a gsd/husky mix that all of a sudden was having problems from jumping in and out of the truck, a trip to the vet was a pinched nerve in her neck so we had to quit letting her try to jump in.

Last year when I got my suv someone on here recommended the Otto Step, because I could not lift my dogs and did not want them to jump and possibly get hurt. It is great, fits into the trailer hitch, easy for the dogs to use and it doesn't take up hardly any space when stored in the vehicle.

Hope that your pup is going to be ok. :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.