German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,361 Posts
It does sound like a pulled muscle. Does he do this often or just this one time he doesn't want to get in the jeep? Has he been tested for lymes?

My brother in laws dog seemed 100% fine on our yearly camping trip, he ran around all day, and played like normal. The next day he was having problems moving around and they found out he had lymes and they didn't even know it :(

If he went to class and seemed fine afterwards, it's probably not lyme, but something to keep in mind if it continues to happen. Like other's said though, maybe he just pulled a muscle.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
I have noticed the last maybe 3 x's when loading him in the Jeep, he will act as if he doesn't want to jump in or will sometimes put his front up & want the rest of my help. :( Just find this funny & why the pain doing ? You should see him playing, running, etc !
Weird, and interesting, because my dog who I suspect has bad hips does this too, looks at me for help getting in my CAR!

I wonder if it's simply the angle he has his legs at when getting in. I know I sometimes have my hip "pop" out of place, or I need to crack it, and I can't move it a certain angle for sometimes a few days and this has always happened to me and it HURTS...I have no idea why, or if this can happen to dogs, but it's just a thought :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.