German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs under the "brags" section, or if this is fine. If it needs to be moved, then by all means.

I work at my county animal control. This past sunday I took Merlin home...he'd been at the shelter for a while and had been taken off of adoption because his bark was so intimidating and barked like crazy when you walked away from his cage. He's been an absolute ANGEL at my house, and today he proved just how good of a dog he is. Many shelter dogs suffer from separation anxiety, so when I left for work this morning, I was nervous about what he was going to do to my house, but I wanted to give him a chance. When I walked in the door this evening, not a thing had been touched! No shredded couches, no pee/poo all over the place, no half-crazed dog jumping all over me and my daughter as we came in the door. He was happy to see us, but wasn't a nutcase about it. And at the moment, he's laying calmly at my feet instead of trying to eat my dinner for me or begging. Freakin' awesome dog in every aspect possible! :wub:

Merlin is my first GSD. And now that I've seen what everyone's talking about, I doubt I'll go to anything else. I've never seen a dog so attached to his family...his NEW family, at that. He adores my daughter, which is the most important thing!

YAY for Merlin!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yay! For you! The very best dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing was a white GSD from a shelter. He was bone thin and sweet from day one. So much so that for years I was puzzled that no one was looking for him. How wonderful that you found such a dog for your family. Sounds as if everyone's lucky in your house. Hope to hear more and see photos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty soon you will wonder how you lived without him. I look at my boys, 2 GSD and a pekingese and am so glad I have them. Good boy Merlin!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts