German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that someone with a 16 week old puppy had posted hip X rays and was worried because it appeared their vet was trying to railroad them into unnecessary surgery for HD.

I have a question and cannon locate that post. Here, are the puppies X-Rays - which all responding said they look good.

I have a couple of questions.. getting ready to have my dog's done and learned on sites how proper placement is everything but... on these... photo 1 is what the person with the puppy submitted, photo 2 is from the OFAA website of an example of hips rated Excellent.

Question I have, is not if the ball joint was well formed in the puppy but the spurs...do they fold over and close? (arrow) and 2nd... the socket.... I see a well rounded one in the OFAA sample, the puppy's seems to be not as much on the bottom half and the "slide out" ratio seems to be greater there that could be a problem over time.???

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the "eyes' that are part of the pelvis structure.. even though the puppy is not lined up exactly right, there is a marked difference??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts