German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
If they play like that a lot, might want to remove their collars, their jaws can get trapped and bound up. One wrong twist and it's VERY VERY bad news. Broken jaw, strangulation and just general mayhem can occur.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If they play like that a lot, might want to remove their collars, their jaws can get trapped and bound up. One wrong twist and it's VERY VERY bad news. Broken jaw, strangulation and just general mayhem can occur.
True. We witnessed the death of our nine month old lab when playing with his litter mate. Canine caught in collar, panic, twisting.... strangulation. It was horrifying and quick. We never allow the dogs to play with collars on now.

On a happier note, your dogs are beautiful and look like they'll be buds for years!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I usually have them off in the house, but sometimes I forget to remove them.

That was actually the first time I've seen them play together which is why I recorded it. We'll start pulling the collars when we're in the house.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yay for naked dogs! Mine get all jumpy when they see collars in my hand, they know something fun is about to happen.Naked dogs are also much quieter, no jingling.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're at it again. It's the funniest thing to watch the two of them playing.

Hawk is well padded and our vet has been pushing us to get his weight down. I think Kaiser is up to the task. Last night after our evening walk where the two of them played the whole way Hawk collapsed in the entry way for about an hour before he had enough energy to walk in to the den to finish resting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts