German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin has just left my house, she showed up unexpectedly. She had two of her kids in tow plus a young girl (13 years old) that we have never seen before. Shadow had been outside sunning herself on the back deck when they arrived.
I bought Shadow in because she seamed interested in our visitors. My cousin has been here many times and Shadow, my cousin and my cousins kids are all very familiar with each other. shadow took an instant liking to the 13 year old girl. We all went outside, this girl had Shadow dropping, sitting retrieving balls and such at the first command, it was amazing. Shadow will reluctantly perform for others if at all, to see her behave this well with a complete stranger was amazing ( she performs this well for us only usually). This young lady has special needs, Shadow just seamed to know it!

I've often told others how good she is with my special needs son and his special needs friends, but part of me thought that perhaps it is becuase she has grown up with these kids. Now I can I think safely say it's all special needs kids, she just knows, and it's awesome. :D

just thought I would share.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
How very lucky for you that Shadow is part of your lives.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Shadow sounds like a complete treasure. Although we need pic's please! :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What a girl to make you proud! Have you thought about training her to be a therapy dog if you have that in your area?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
That's awesome. I agree maybe you should train her to be a therapy dog.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
awww, that is so sweet.

I agree with others, sounds like she'd make a great therapy dog.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love her to become a therapy/service dog, however I just made some inquiries and she cant display any aggressive behavior not even in a protection mode (which she is currently doing :( ). I guess we need to work much harder to get her there.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Just another reason that our GSD's are such wonderful dogs! Please give Shadow a big hug for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts