German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a 'show me your dog pooping' thread. I'd get a kick out of it but do you think it's too offensive, obscene, poor taste etc???

Feel free to start it. I'm not brave enough until I test the water with this thread...

I swear I only have two pictures of my dogs pooping (one each of them!).

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ;)

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
personally i would prefer a "critique this stool thread" in pictures thread. i really don't know good clolour, consistency, firmness etc and i think it is a good insight into yr dogs health. others know that stuff but trying to explain in words could be made easier in pictures.

just my input to yr question.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I wouldn't be offended at all! The thread wouldn't appeal to me personally & I would skip over it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be posted:) lol

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
x11: That's a brilliant idea! I see a ton of "What should my dogs' poop look like?" threads and because, even when pooping 'normally', I'm sure what my dogs' normal looks like is completely different from yours. I wouldn't mind posting a poo picture to help the cause.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
personally i would prefer a "critique this stool thread" in pictures thread. i really don't know good clolour, consistency, firmness etc and i think it is a good insight into yr dogs health. others know that stuff but trying to explain in words could be made easier in pictures.

just my input to yr question.
http://media.weirduniverse.net/poop_sheet2_2.jpg

I think this has been posted before. Hope it helps?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think that's kind of weird.... I always kind of look away when my dogs are doing that but if you want to go for it lol.

·
Registered
866 Posts
We already had this thread, so I don't really think that's too outlandish, lol. I think people around here pretty much don't care as long as it's a picture of a dog XD.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Guess I am an old fashioned. I think the poop chart is informative but pictures of dogs pooping? To what end?

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
"To what end?" ;)

Yeah, I don't think it's a great idea. I think it gets into those mommy and me websites with the placenta pictures, etc, and I see enough dog poop and dogs pooping without needing to see it online. Plus, to be honest, mine don't seem to like to be watched - like when they've been having stomach issues - where they will go behind a tree - so they even seem to like some privacy. :D

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Why on earth would anybody be interested in pictures of dogs pooping?

I "get" the poop chart and comments on things I learned here (like light colored poops and pancreatic issues, bloody poops and colitis) ......but this sounds like a bizarre curiosity folks should have satisfied by kindergarten.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
personally i would prefer a "critique this stool thread" in pictures thread.
Lol this is funny, but I am a first time dog owner and been googling poop for weeks to find out if we are ok..... lol.....

I am clueless and the "score" chart does not really say where it's ok and where it's not.

I am a gross weirdo i guess =)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'd guess you would want to be somewhere between 50 and 75?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Why on earth would anybody be interested in pictures of dogs pooping?

I "get" the poop chart and comments on things I learned here (like light colored poops and pancreatic issues, bloody poops and colitis) ......but this sounds like a bizarre curiosity folks should have satisfied by kindergarten.
it could show the first signs of of hp or arthritus. zeeva has always posted thoughtful and incisive threads. don't care what hr reason for this is, i support it. that being said, i am also clueless on how to post pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
My comment was based on the context of the first post and a comment on another thread. Honestly, I never saw that as an issue with my dysplastic dog but if there were issues in that department where a picture might genuinely be illuminating (hard to imagine), that would be fair game....but not just for fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts