German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here (posted an introduction thread if anyone saw it) :] I just adopted my first GSD pup and he's a little sable baby. I've loved the breed ever since I was a little girl and always dreamed of a black & red blanket back, but this sable pup captured my heart. He's a huge sweetheart and very outgoing, but he was not quite as hyper as his littermates. Still very confident and adventurous, though! Seemed like a perfect fit for me. Meet Dallas! (He's about 5 weeks. I get to take him home during the first week of February.)

Here's a couple pictures of Dallas' dad; unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of his momma. She was a black & tan, with mostly dark markings. That's her in the corner of the second pic.

Anyway, to the point! (Can't help but be excited for my little man :laugh:)
For those of you that own sable dogs, I would absolutely love for you to post pictures of them. Now that I've looked more into the sables, I've fallen in love with them and am so glad that's what I ended up with. I find the way their coat changes with age & season to be absolutely fascinating!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Here's my sable brat Shasta

and my Zena girl

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
And here's the other brat, Shasta!

8 Weeks:

And 7 months:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Paula, she looks very similar to how she did at 8 weeks old. i dont think i ever noticed before!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Krystal, yes, she was very dark when we got her...then she turned into a strawberry blonde with a black stripe down her back:

And then darkened back up again.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Krystal, yes, she was very dark when we got her...then she turned into a strawberry blonde with a black stripe down her back:

And then darkened back up again.

still probably one of my favorite pictures of her. that head tilt is too cute!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Paula--that is one of the cutest puppy photos I have ever seen. I love her plush coat.
Thank you! Funny story...

We live in the Seattle area and Shasta's breeder is in Idaho. She was going to be coming over to visit someone in the area, so she said she'd bring Shasta over with her so we could have a look at her. We still had to drive about an hour to the rendevous point. All the way there, my husband kept saying, "Just because we're going to see her, doesn't mean we're going to bring her home."

Our 18 year old daughter was with us and she was rolling her eyes. I mean, we'd seen pictures of Shasta and you can see how cute she was. We knew there was no way we'd be going home without the puppy! So we meet the breeder, she gets Shasta out of the car and my daughter and I practically had to beat my husband off to be able to hold the puppy! And the rest is history.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
still probably one of my favorite pictures of her. that head tilt is too cute!
We make her do it all the time on purpose...it doesn't take much.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Shasta cracks me up- even through those times when she was driving you insane, I secretly smiled! She's just too cute, which is probably all that saved her life

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good luck with your pup.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Shasta cracks me up- even through those times when she was driving you insane, I secretly smiled! She's just too cute, which is probably all that saved her life
It has and continues to save her bacon on a daily basis!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
if puppies werent so darn cute, they'd never make it to adulthood!!! kinda like kids lol.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Here's 9 1/2 month old Panzer

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Here's a few new ones of My girl Bella. Taken jus a lil while ago

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Here's a few new ones of My girl Bella. Taken jus a lil while ago

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Christen, that second picture looks like my future! (Minus the snow, I'm in Florida. Although, I am looking to move to Colorado down the road.) Haha, I have a pom that looks almost exactly like the other dog :] Doesn't look like yours is a pom, but they sure look similar. My boy Romeo has the same strawberry blonde fur, I joke and say he's a "giant" pomeranian. I've had him since I was in 6th grade but he's still as playful as ever--I know he's going to be happy to have Dallas to run around the yard with!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Christen, that second picture looks like my future! (Minus the snow, I'm in Florida. Although, I am looking to move to Colorado down the road.) Haha, I have a pom that looks almost exactly like the other dog :] Doesn't look like yours is a pom, but they sure look similar. My boy Romeo has the same strawberry blonde fur, I joke and say he's a "giant" pomeranian. I've had him since I was in 6th grade but he's still as playful as ever--I know he's going to be happy to have Dallas to run around the yard with!
what part of Colorado will you be moving to?!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts