German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No, I don't like the over done dogs that look like jowly bears. Lack of definition in the head is not so good either.

But, there are plenty without those characteristics now.

· Registered
174 Posts
Samba, re your following remarks:

"This dog was the WD in the specialty before the national. I had admired his picture on the internet and then kinda spooky.. I saw him at the national. Next I get to help transport him to his new home. We traveled across several states and he was a dog of good temperament and confidence no matter where we were or who was with him. The world is his oyster. He is not extreme and is masculine. I like the Eddie dog."

Edales Eddison[/QUOTE]

It looked like one of his grandmothers is a long hair. Is this O.K. for ASLs? If it is, my uneducated response would be--maybe a good thing for genetic diversity?

Really nice to hear Eddie has a good temperament!

· Registered
160 Posts
Yes his grandmother is a long coat. My Kenna is a cousin (her mother is a younger sister to Eddie's), so they share that grandmother. The long coat is a minor fault, but they are rarely shown and even rarer to see them take points. Here in Canada, I have pointed one. My first Champion had a long coat mother.

Long coat is Roll of The Dice of Sunflower TC,HIC (Champion pointed), beside her daughter BPIS,Multi Group Winner, Ch.Sunflower's Kissin Kris CD,TC,HIC (both have passed). And the long coat is also the great, great, grandmother to my boy Connor.

Forgot to mention the Eddie's breeder informed me a few weeks ago that he picked up his 2nd major.

krisk

· Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have seen coats used in breeding. Sometimes those coaties have beautiful conformation or another trait that is desired in the breeding and they are utilized. The pups that carry the recessive from them often have a plushier coat.

Eddie got his second major the next time he was shown in the US. A couple of weekends ago I saw him take the points at the Kankakee shows and BOB also. Go Eddie:wub:

· Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was looking at the Review yesterday. The latest one I think.

Opened it with interest in reading the critiques of the dogs at the last national. I was curious to see the critique of the GV and the second select dog as well as the others. Did I miss something? I could not find critiques of the select animals?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.