German Shepherds Forum banner

Would/did you bring your GSD to your wedding?

• Yes I brought my dog to my wedding.

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • I did not bring my dog to my wedding (say why).

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • No, I wouldn't bring my dog.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Yes, I would bring my dog.

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question is in the title. If you were to get married (or when you did get married), would you want (or did you have) your dog to be there? If you're already married, tell us why you did or didn't bring your dog and share a story :)

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Our wedding was in our church, so no dogs allowed. Dh's dog did come to the reception, though.

Now that I'm older and have dogs of my own, yes I probably would plan a ceremony that involved them. But I'm not planning on getting married again. :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Yes, I would want both of my dogs there.

Sinister can be the Best Man and Malice can be my Maid of Honor. :wub:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Marriage is in the future for me and my bf. We're probably going to do a beach ceremony and have always wanted marley to be involved in some way. However if it's on a beach im sure he will just be scampering around in the waves, hehe.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I have a cousin who lives in Wisconsin. I'm not really sure what he does, but it has something to do with a dam there. He lives in the middle of nowhere. When he got married, hubby and I went to his wedding. He and his (now) wife are naturalists. They had their dog in their small, outside wedding. The dog was even carried by the couple when they had their first dance.

At one point they had some sort of games for the kids outside. One game was like a 'find it' game. The dog was involved in that game as well.

Very freindly mixed breed, small shaggy dog. It was a lot of fun having the dog there. But it was an outside wedding.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I got married when I was 17, with one baby, and one on the way. It was a quick ceremony at the JP's office. Now that our 30th anniversary is coming up, I was thinking of renewing our vows on the beach at the summer house. I always wanted a wedding. I never thought of including Wolfie in the ceremony, but now that have the idea in my head, I might think about it

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had a quick marriage with family and friends this April. This was both our second marriages. Then off to our honeymoon the morning (this is where we wanted to spend money :)). My trainer at the time picked the dogs up from me the night before so I didn't have to worry about them. We were gone on our honeymoon for a week.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
We just got married a few months ago and Mikko came to the ceremony. I couldn't imagine him not being there. We got married close to our house so we asked a friend to bring him home after the ceremony.

·
Registered
760 Posts
We didn't bring our 3 dogs to our wedding. It was crazy to begin with and having 3 dogs added to the mix just wouldn't have worked. Plus the location didn't allow animals in the building. BUT I did arrive in a horse drawn carriage and have a romantic ride after!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't want them there. It's just not how I envisioned my wedding. If that's how others envision their wedding then they should definitely include them but for me, I preferred not to.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I didn't have dogs when we got married but I would not have included them. I have several family members and friends who either do not like dogs, are legitimately scared of dogs, or have very severe allergies. I would probably have had someone bring them or keep them in the kennel van so we could get a few pics with them, but otherwise leave them out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Since mine is white I hope to have him part of the wedding. My plan is to whistle to him when it's time for the ring bearer to come down the aisle. I will have the rings placed around his collar as he prances down. Hopefully everything will go as smoothly as planned ha.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
No Ididnt have a dog then although in retrospect should have had husbands dogs,Sassy and Dodger and skipped some relatives.If it should happen again ,I would have them although cant see me doing it again (marriage ,not dogs).

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My first wedding was at my parents house. TJ was my ring bearer. I couldn't have imagined him not being there.

My second wedding was in Vegas, dogs weren't there but Elvis was.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
I always had plans for Chance to still be around when I get married. I always wanted him to be the ring bearer and sit at my side while everything is done. Obviously that is no longer possible. :(

Other than him, I can't say I'd include Zoey or Eevee into my wedding. Zoey I MIGHT would have there because she's been in the family so long, but she'd be sitting in someones lap or under their chair, she wouldn't be "with" me. Eevee is a big he!! no!!! My wedding would be awful if she attended. She has no attention span or care in the world to sit still for longer than 2 seconds. She'd be having zoomies around the chairs and up the walkway and in between everyone!! Maybe if I got the vet to give me a GOOD sedative to the point she was knocked on her asss and just slept through it all. LOL!!! If she ever becomes a calm adult dog, I'll be floored.

·
Registered
798 Posts
To be honest, unless my wedding took place in a dog-friendly environment or in my own home, I wouldn't take them.

Not that I plan to get married anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm 21, not really in a stable relationship, no marriage proposal in sight...but if/when i do get married, and i have a dog or dogs, they'll be my ring bearers, i have it all planned out :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would love to have my dog there for photos, but at the actual wedding/reception I just don't think it would be a good idea. The dog would probably get bored being all cooped up like that. :(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts