German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 3 weeks ago my dog Angel has been on and off her food.
She has been drinking normally so I wasn't terribly worried but had decided first thing that Monday to take her to the vet.
She was acting off about her food for 2 meals, but intermittently.
I always take her to work with me and was working 7-3 that Sunday.
When we got there she didn't want to get out of the van , so I lifted her out and put her down.
We walked in and she went and looked around and lay down in her usual spot, watching the front doors.
A hour later or so I noticed she had gotten sick, so I cleaned it up and took her out back to my work shop to keep a closer eye on her.
She died about 20 minutes later as I was on the phone to the emergency vet clinic as I was frantically doing K-9 CPR on her.
RIP Guardian Angel Von Hoffsburgh, I'm going to miss you more than I can say in words! :cry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words.
Its been 3 weeks and I can now, barely talk about it, a little.
It turned out that she had hemangiosarcoma.
She had just passed her 10th birthday. :(

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
How awful. My old guy died a couple of years ago at home. It is always a horrible thing to have to deal with. /hugs

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
wow I am so sorry.

·
Registered
813 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
She was a beautiful girl. I am so sorry - I have lost three wonderful GSDs to this dreadful disease now. You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I know the great sadness you feel because I lost our Cassie last Thursday to the same disease at the age of 10.
Reading your post, it mirrored our experience almost exactly. The only difference is the emergency vet made it and helped to ease her passing.
At least we were with them at the end, which is where they would want to be.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to see them cross the Rainbow bridge. Just know she will be waiting for you on the other side and in the meanwhile she is having fun playing with Pyrate who will be happy to show her around. He was just past his 9th birthday last year when he left me. ((HUGS))

·
Registered
32,013 Posts
I'm sorry, it is always so hard to lose them. Hemangio sometimes takes them with little or no warning.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts