German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who is bored and has time to read the ramblings of some idiot.......(not ME, the BYB lol)

I Was just looking at cute pics of puppies on k9 stud and found this 'breeder' that had over 101 puppies on sale on the site, german shepherds, huskies, rottweilers, and golden retrievers. This was their quote:

"Due to popular demand we decided to do a multiple sired ltter between Sage AKC German Shepherd and Luke AKC Siberian Husky together to produce Shepskies and Sage and Apollo for AKC German Shepherds.Both will be excellent family companions and protectors. Expecting some Plush/Wooly coated pups as well as short coat Shepskies. Pups are expected to be ready in June/July 2011. All parents are AKC, vet checked, and x-rayed, Luke and Apollo are also AKC DNAd. Shepsky Prices will most likely be between 650 and 800. Prices are determined by bone structure/physical appearance, bloodlines, and MOST IMPORTANTLY personality and character traits and are set accordingly to make sure they enter homes that ultimately understand that no dog is free and are willing to put the effort and time into raising a proper and healthy dog. "

"We are specializing in QUALITY AKC German Shepherds and Goberian (Golden Retriever/Siberian Husky hybrid) puppies ."

Their website is the worst I have ever seen, and they have like 10 hidden fees you must pay to get a puppy.

EX
"1. A $50 FEE is required to be placed on any waiting list. This is a FEE and does not go toward puppy price unless otherwise stated.

2.A deposit of $200 through Paypal (There is a 3.5% fee added in that does not go toward puppy price) is required to hold any puppy."

This is what they said about hip dysplasia checks and elbow checks:

(They claim that playing tug of war causes it)

"
I am a firm believer that hip dysplasia is 90% environmental."

"We have chosen to address the most common Genetic concerns puppy buyers have that are often the most recommended for Breeders to screen for in all of their breeding parents.

We have done much research on the advantages and disadvantages of these tests and have chosen not to waste our time, money, and energy on these tests. As you will see below and in your own research, these test are not an exact Science. As responsible Breeders, we strive to breed from quality, healthy and sound parents that will produce no less in their puppies. Our parents are all checked by a licensed Veterinarian and continue to be throughout our breeding process and their lives. This is how it has been done, very successfully, by many breeders for many, many years. "

FUNNIEST PART :

And of the breeders that do have testing done, most do not have results for every test recommended, Why? Because either they too, feel it is a waste of time... Or they had a bad test result and decided to just not disclose that result to the buyers! You need to understand that the majority of breeders having these tests done are only doing the bare minimum to make them look good to the average buyer that does not know all the details about these tests. They are not having these tests done as often as recommened, as it is costly and time consuming. And most buyers are unaware of how these tests are to be done correctly, it just sounds impressive to them because they are not educated about these tests and all they are hearing these days is that "The Genetic Testing needs to be done" Who do you think is saying that to you??? The Testing Companies!

They have a page dedicated to 'scammers' where they complain about people who didnt buy their puppies...

Their page of 'customer testimonies' only includes first names and every single person puts 5 !!!!! at the end of every sentence and capitalizes random words....hmmmm seems like the same person to me

---------------------------
Has anyone else seen crazy sites like this ???? I deleted the name from the post, so I figured it was ok to discuss it...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
We have done much research on the advantages and disadvantages of these tests and have chosen not to waste our time, money, and energy on these tests.
:headbang:

Wow, there are far too many bad words rolling around in my head right now. So I will just leave it at this....:angryfire:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Holy smokes!!!! Did I read right? Is the bitch have two different litters of pups together???

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I just want to slap these people!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
And they'll get rid of all of them.
Sell them, I mean.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wow...I find this amazing - from the website:

"American Canine Hybrid Club papers to insure that you are getting a quality hybrid and NOT a MUTT. (You will be able to see the lineage of your puppy to insure they are half/half and not a mixture of 10 different breeds-which is what a mutt consists of)."

Obviously, I have been mistaken about mutts all this time!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I really hate this new "designer dog" craze not to mention BYB in general.
Wow $650 for a mutt? LoL my uncle just bought a shapokies or something like that. Schnauzer and yorkie mix for several hundred dollars. He was so proud of himself. LoL

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Wow, are people this disgusted when 2 different colored people procreate, or is that ok because there isn't a piece of paper written by a guy 100 years ago about how tall people should be and how they should behave?
I understand why purebred standards are in place but that doesn't mean if someone has other aspirations, the breeder should be mocked and the puppies are garbage.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Wow way to make the jump from dogs to people - apples to oranges. One has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Wow, are people this disgusted when 2 different colored people procreate, or is that ok because there isn't a piece of paper written by a guy 100 years ago about how tall people should be and how they should behave?
I understand why purebred standards are in place but that doesn't mean if someone has other aspirations, the breeder should be mocked and the puppies are garbage.
If this "breeder" has any genuine aspirations, they wouldn't throw together two dogs for the purpose of creating a new breed. And un-health tested dogs at that. If they don't want to waste their money to do health testing, then they are nothing more than a byb. And a byb of this caliber should not in any way be supported, or even defended.

It's breeders like this that fill the shelters and rescues.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
so according to this so called "breeder" my Aussie/BC mix is a hybrid?! and all this time I thought she was a mutt :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts