German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
This does not look like bunny hopping to me.
Bunny hopping is limited range of motion so legs do not fully extend on the run.

It looks like your dog can really stretch out nicely. Not sure about structure-seems too much angulation in back for the front end but I am not a good judge of conformation. I did, however, have a severly dysplastic dog who did bunny hop but I have no videos of her.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
hey , had a look at all your video's . That is not bunny hopping at all. Your dog looks like it has some strength.

The movement is the gallop , much like a greyhound or a cheetah or horse would use to cover ground with speed.

here is a well known dog which I chose because he is well known -- Javir Talka Marda running the blinds .
See the gallop?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMwjiZiiAk
the trot is used for sustained distance covered efficiently and comfortably -- covering ground - long and enduring , speed not the concern .

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree, I do not see a "Bunny Hop" I see a gallop. I see no struggling with range of motion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright good. I was just worried cause she seemed to be bringing both legs forward simultaneously. It made me nervous. She's crazy strong and super fast doesn't really ever seem to have a problem with running.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts