German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just recently took in a 15 week old German Shepherd/Chow Chow mix that a friends neighbor could no longer keep. I just took him in two days ago and she said she hadn’t take him to the vet and he has not gotten any shots. I saw this in his poop today but have not noticed anymore. Could anyone help me out on what they this may be?
Thank you!

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
561 Posts
To me this looks like he ate a worm in the yard. I don’t think a worm “disease”or whatever it is called has worms this big.

If it is in fact the disease or condition he needs to be dewormed. But I honestly have no idea. Is he puking or diarrhea?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Did you find it that way the next day or right out of his butt? Earthworms are attracted to poop overnight

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
That’s an earthworm. Round worms are much skinnier and tapeworms are segmented. You can always deworm him if you’re concerned.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Did you get a lot of rain recently, and/or does the dog like to dig in the yard? I concur with others, that looks like an earthworm to me, and that your dog actually pooped ON it and the worm was not IN it. I would imagine a dog's stomach might partially digest an earthworm if he ate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts