German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
751 Posts
Are you looking for a dog to do Sch, or something else?
Just because a dog is show lines does not mean they can't work, or won't be good at Sch. Bianca is from mostly WG show lines and most of the dogs on her pedigree are SCH3 (she's mostly from Bullinger on both sides.)
Above is my question. When it comes down to all these lines I understand what is visual such as looks and a dogs structure relates to it's pedigree of working-line and show-line along with it's origin but picking the right dog really depends on what you are planing to due with your dog or at least your expectations for your choice of GSD.

I have no idea if any of that even makes sense. I am just getting the impression that if you are not doing Schutzhund or working your dog then you need to get a show dog. If you want to do Schutzhund or protection etc. then you need to get a working line dog.

It can't be this easy right.

· Premium Member
751 Posts
Thanks for your opinions. I am just trying to figure out what type of GSD I should be looking . I will not be competing in anything with my next puppy. I am now in a wheelchair so I will just be looking for a family pet that will be with all the time. I will have a lot of time to work with her and run her but that will be it. I just don't want to get a dog that I wouldn't be able to offer what she may have been bread to be. "hence working line GSD" So I guess that leaves me open to almost anything .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.