German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've spent the past few weeks working on Kairo's down at a distance. As with any training, it's a work in progress, but he's come a long way in a short amount of time. Here's a short video of our progress so far. And yes, I have to use two balls in our training because Kairo refuses to let go of his ball most of the time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for posting the vid, now that's what I wan't to do with saint. Play ball.

...as an aside has there ever been an instance when a GSD swallowed a tennis ball.

the other day Saint was playing with 2 tennis balls in the pond. After observing him furiously chewing on one and noting after awhile that one disappeared; I took away the remaining one fearing he swallowed the missing ball.

Well he's fully functional so I suppose he didn't swallow it.

In the house on on his cable run for whatever reason he doesn't get fixated on the tennis ball and chew it non stop so for now they are still a go.

Any thoughts? thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great video, looks like he's doing well and enjoying himself in the process!
Thanks Tim! Definitely a fun time for Kairo, as he loves to play and learn at the same time. I enjoy it because I love seeing him do what he loves to do the most!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting the vid, now that's what I wan't to do with saint. Play ball.

...as an aside has there ever been an instance when a GSD swallowed a tennis ball.

the other day Saint was playing with 2 tennis balls in the pond. After observing him furiously chewing on one and noting after awhile that one disappeared; I took away the remaining one fearing he swallowed the missing ball.

Well he's fully functional so I suppose he didn't swallow it.

In the house on on his cable run for whatever reason he doesn't get fixated on the tennis ball and chew it non stop so for now they are still a go.

Any thoughts? thanks
I did away with tennis balls at around 4 months old. Read one too many stories of a tennis ball choking the dog, plus Kairo chewed the felt off one and vomited the remains, the only time Kai has ever vomited. I went to the larger 3 inch rubber Chuckit balls, and Kairo loves them, and I like them because they are larger than a standard tennis ball, so I don't worry about the choking hazard. :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts