German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GDS lovers,

My canine friend just passed away recently and I am looking for a new pup. For almost a decade I had a West German working line shepherd that was healthy, smart and full of energy. I got him from a breeder in mid-west, but now that I am in Maryland, I would love to find a similar type of dog from a local breeder. Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated? Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mary Beth. Are there any breeders to avoid? Where would I find that information?

·
Registered
153 Posts
As per rules I don't think we are allowed to comment on what breeders we would avoid specifically. But if you have a breeder in mind you can always share their site and we can take a look to see if we would personally buy from them or not!

I've had a very good experience with Christine Kemper (although I have not gotten a pup from her she is closely involved in the litter I will be bringing home my girl from) and know quite a few that have as well - so my vote would go to Blackthorn! And if you contact her and talk to her she can suggest a fitting future litter of hers that would produce what you are looking for in a dog.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Kibs. Appreciate the feedback.

Blackthorn is one of the one I was considering, along with Johnson-Haus, Haus Juris, and Haus Morrison. I left two voicemails for Haus Morrison and have not heard back.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Lee aka Wolfstraum on here, von Wolfstraum (website is out date due to technical problems) is in western PA. Has a current litter, but I believe they are all spoken for. Her dogs work but are also great family dogs. I have met many from her litters over the years.

Reactions: Sunsilver
1 - 8 of 8 Posts