German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First time GSD owner here. This past Friday I adopted a 10 month old shepherd, Charlie. He's been great so far. Everything I wanted. However, I'm single and I work full time. It takes me about 45 minutes to get from home to work and back so I'm not sure coming home during lunch would be an option.

He seems to be housebroken despite having been an outdoor dog. He hasn't had one accident and has only gone to potty when I take him outdoors. He hasn't chewed on anything other than his toys. I'm willing to take him on walks and get him some exercise for as long as I need to before I go to work, as soon as I get back, and then again before bedtime. I'm also wanting to eventually start obedience/agility classes after he's really settled in so we'll have something extra to do. I also noticed when he is left alone for some time he'll just sleep. I haven't had any issues with him waking me up at night. He sleeps until I get up. He's very easygoing. I was worried the transition from his former home to mine would be rough, especially since he's a little older but he's made himself right at home. My parents live in the same city and don't mind coming down midday to let him out, but I know they won't be able to do it every day. I'm thinking about asking if I can take half days on Mondays and Fridays for awhile. I work in a pretty busy clinic so I know any more than that wouldn't be an option. I'm not too worried though considering how easy he is.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.