German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received "Twister" in an e-mail from a rescue contact to cross post. I thought I remembered seeing him on here, but searched and couldn't find him.

"Twister" is currently at the Wayne County Humane Society in Wooster, OH which is a low-kill shelter. He is listed as a "mix" but looks pure-bred to me. He is also listed as 3 yrs old, but I think he looks like he's at least 5 or so.

Here is the e-mail from the rescue contact, most of which is taken from his shelter post information:

"This poor guy has been stuck at Wayne Co. HS. in Wooster, OH for a couple of weeks now. His description (as written by the shelter staff) is below. He is missing half of his tail (they aren't sure how). He was picked up as a stray. Can anyone rescue this nice guy? He is super friendly and great with other dogs. He is NEUTERED, has DHLPP, Bordatella, & has been wormed. He is ready to go to a new home! Contact is [email protected]. She is the rescue coordinator. Thanks!

Twister is one handsome German Shepherd. His intelligent is also that of a German Shepherd. Twister would likely be easy to train. He is friendly and loves affection! He can sit and shake for treats and is gentle when taking them. He is friendly toward dogs and mostly ignores cats. He doesn't seem very interested in toys and is relatively calm. Twister came to the shelter with an injury. We are not sure of the circumstances that caused this but he is missing a portion of his tail. Please don't let this deter you he is still a gorgeous German Shepherd. This great guy is also already neutered!! What a wonderful addition Twister would make to almost any family!!!"

I do not have any further information about Twister. If you'd like to know more about him or take him into your home or rescue, please contact the shelter at the phone number or e-mail address given below.

Wooster, OH is southwest of Akron, between Mansfield and Canton.

TWISTER

Adoptable Dogs | Wayne County Humane Society

Wayne County Humane Society
1161 Mechanicsburg Rd.,
Wooster, OH 44691
Phone: (330) 262-0152 • Fax: (330) 262-4590
[email protected]
Hours: Tue–Thu: 10am-5pm, Fri: 10am-4pm,
Sat: 9am-2pm, Sun–Mon: Closed

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Bump-such a good looking boy!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Gorgeous boy, and sounds from his profile as though he'd be a great family dog.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Raysmom,

I was just gonna post him on the urgent board as he came through to me also today via email. I do not recall him posted on here. Have a friend up in this area from this board willing to pull IF rescue/someone is able to take him asap. She said, this shelter doesn't hold them long & he has been there 2 wks already.

Maybe should be moved to urgent???? :(

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Twister, new name pending, is out of the shelter and safe in boarding until transport on 2/6/11!

Here is how he is doing so far:

"Hi Darcy,

Twister is at the center with me. What a handsome boy! He walked right in amongst all the dogs and did wonderfully. He made himself right at home. He played with a chocolate lab at the end of the day. He LOVES to play ball.

He is underweight. But otherwise has a beautiful coat and gorgeous markings. I will take pictures of him and send them to you via email. He will make a GREAT pet for someone. What a good boy!"

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
double yay!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I wish it was a year from now and Chance has gone through obedience, etc. I would take that sweetie in a SECOND!
I gave birth to twin boys 22 years ago. NEVER again will I have two kids at the same time. Human or canine. Can drive a person nuts with the shenanigans! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts