German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we lit a fire in the fireplace for the first time with Wolfie in the house. He kept barking at the flames and hackling up. He made a wide berth of the fire as he walked by. He seemed to have a healthy respect for the flames. Hubby went to add another log to the fire, and Wolfie grabbed his arm and pulled. Hubby shook him off, and Wolfie jumped on his back, grabbed his shirt and pulled hubby away from the flames! Every time one of us went to add a log, Wolfie came over an pulled us away from the fire. It got to the point that one of us had to hold him while the other was stoking the fire. He really thought he was saving us from the flames.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
HAHAHA!! Wolfie the protector! What a great story!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHAHA!! Wolfie the protector! What a great story!
I should have figured he would do something like that. He kept going nuts when ever I tried to swim in the big waves on the beach this summer.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Oh my gosh. That is to funny that he is not only aware of the hazards involved but determined to protect his family from them! What a good boy!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
He must get so frustrated with you guys. You always appear to put yourselves in danger. Poor boy, no time to rest for him, he has the most accident prone family ever.

lol :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
that is too cute!! He sure is a character!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
LOL - such a smartie! We do love Wolfie stories. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bo does that with the wood stove! But he is improving. Just a lot of pacing now . . .

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bo does that with the wood stove! But he is improving. Just a lot of pacing now . . .
Im glad to hear that there's hope that Wolfie will improve!

·
Registered
29 Posts
wolfie stories crack me up after watching that video of you telling him to not be fresh I say it to my dog when she back talks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wolfie thinks and is also proactively protective! You are so right to carefully channel his great qualities with careful training. Wilhoit had a different personality but some of the same great traits. I remember when I first operated the vacuum after he arrived (he was a full grown rescue), I was disappointed when I saw him get up, thinking his nerves weren't good enough to take the vacuum in stride. I was astonished to see him walk calmly toward me and insert himself between me and the vacuum, and stand there with his head right over the vacuum. I had to train him to "leave it" and to "movemove" to get him to leave it alone so I could vacuum. He would move, but never farther than a few feet and would always get up and follow me and the vacuum, keeping a close eye on it. I value this protective trait and it is one of the many reasons I think your Wolfie is quite a dog. His trainability and devotion to you are some of the other traits that, for my tastes, make him outstanding. I just love hearing about him!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Late at night, while your family is sound asleep, Wolfie is on the computer, in a forum writting about his family that attempts to drown themselves and catch themselves on fire!

What a great boy!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Late at night, while your family is sound asleep, Wolfie is on the computer, in a forum writting about his family that attempts to drown themselves and catch themselves on fire!

What a great boy!
LMAO!! I wouldn't be surprised if he had the wifi connected in his crate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts