German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's snack time, and I went in the refrigerator to get something for Wolfie and something for me. I am having wine and cheese. I took out the cheese and Wolfie started dancing around as dogs do when they smell cheese. I gave him a piece and he took it, holding it in his mouth as I opened the drawer to put it away. Then I picked up a bag of carrots to move it, and Wolfie spit out the cheese and started dancing around for a carrot. LOL! I gave him the carrot, and he ran into the other room with it, as happy as a clam. I have never seen a dog, hold cheese in his mouth, and spit it out for a carrot. My dog is strange.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D funny funny! Maybe its the sugar in the carrots?
Maybe it is. He has always loved green beans and carrots. He won't touch dog treats except for one kind. He hates peanut butter too.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Have you tried green tripe treats?:wild:
If he foregoes those, he is a weirdo(g)!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried green tripe treats?:wild:
If he foregoes those, he is a weirdo(g)!
I tried green tripe food and he turns his nose up. He will only eat chicken flavored food, and sometimes turkey.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
OK, it is official.
Your dog is weird.:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Pile on.

Oh, I am so relieved. Wolfie is the weird one. I can now relax knowing that my girls are normal. I was afraid one of them would be it.:p

BTW: How long does he retain the title?

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Carrots are a very high value treat in my house but cheese would still trump them :) Maybe Wolfie is watching his figure ;) lol

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
It's snack time, and I went in the refrigerator to get something for Wolfie and something for me. I am having wine and cheese. I took out the cheese and Wolfie started dancing around as dogs do when they smell cheese. I gave him a piece and he took it, holding it in his mouth as I opened the drawer to put it away. Then I picked up a bag of carrots to move it, and Wolfie spit out the cheese and started dancing around for a carrot. LOL! I gave him the carrot, and he ran into the other room with it, as happy as a clam. I have never seen a dog, hold cheese in his mouth, and spit it out for a carrot. My dog is strange.
Not strange at all for me. Yukon would do anything for a carrot. Carrots win over cheese anytime. :D

He loves dozen of veggies and fruits but Carrots, by far, trumps everything, especially Baby Carrots.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jenna, our last shepherd, did not like veggies at all. She would spit them out. However, if you opened the cheese drawer in the fridge, then she was your new best friend. She did the same thing for peanut butter and vanilla ice cream...she got to lick the empty carton and a small bite of it. Gypsy, however, is extremely curious and wants try everything it seems like such as raw potatoe (we told her no), cantalope, carrots, etc. She is a crazy dog, but she is only 1 year old, so that may be part of it.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Next time try getting the carrot first then the cheese.
My dog wants whatever I have in my hand because it's GOT to be better
than what she has at the moment.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Raw Green beans are the highest value treat for us, followed by carrots, and cheese.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I'm impressed. You folks have very enlightened dogs with great taste buds. Lucky will eat fruit.;like oranges and mango and blueberries however cheese would win every time and if there is meat all three will ignore any dog treat in favor of meat or cheese. Daisy loved tomatoes from the garden.All of ours love peanut butter but Lucky like his mom is PB fanatic.(Simply Jif less sugar)Wolfie you are a truly healthy diner!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
LOL! Maybe Wolfie's been reading up on the new vegan diet for dogs. Doh :crazy:

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Carrots out of the fridge are cold and crunchy.

If they get used to them on hot days---not too surprising they will choose them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts