German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my town is up to about 34-40" of snow since Sunday depending on where you are and how the wind has blown. Today is the first day this week I've gotten home before dark, with about 30 minutes to spare! I decided to take full advantage of that time to get some pics of Elsa having a blast in the snow...and helping me!
I think she rather likes the high vantage point some packed down snow gives her. Also doubles as a bomb shelter.

Herrrooow little ball...where are you?! I'm coming to geeeet you!

Crash!!!

Boom!

I'm so evil...if I needed to get somewhere I'd just make Elsa run through the area a few times to pack it down for me. Bwwwahahaha! (<---evil laugh)

Potty Canyon aka Snow Canyon of Doom has gotten a little higher today.

Which leads to Bathroom Basin.

And here's a few of the little lady lookin' perty.

·
Registered
319 Posts
:eek: Loved the pics!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Fantastic shots. Nice exposure, and excellent bokeh on a few.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all!

Fantastic shots. Nice exposure, and excellent bokeh on a few.
My WB was pretty off, but I did what I cold to do a quickie fix...I almost always shoot in RAW just in case...darnit! Oh well, they still are fun even with the blue tinge!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Great pictures! :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Beautil pictures!!! I think I may have to fly up there and play with her in all that snow!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome pictures! Luke, my 4-month pup experienced his first snow fall last week. He loves it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Thanks all!

My WB was pretty off, but I did what I cold to do a quickie fix...I almost always shoot in RAW just in case...darnit! Oh well, they still are fun even with the blue tinge!
Some of them were a bit cool with a blue tint, but I liked that. It was cold snow after all. No marks off from me for the WB. I agree though- it is always frustrating when you realize you switched to jpg for a couple throw away shots and forgot to switch back to RAW!

·
Registered
798 Posts
OMG so much snow!! We never get snow, boohoo.

Elsa is gorgeous, and looks like she had so much fun! :wub:

·
Registered
77 Posts
That must be fun! I wish it snow like that down here in Houston. The snow is so deep its look like she finding her way around a maze. Down here its mostly just wet and cold.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How long can a GSD stay out in snow like that? i always feel like its too cold for them or even when its not snowing but just cold i dont like walking my dog too long because i feel its too cold but looks like they can take it?..

·
Registered
245 Posts
She's so beautiful! :eek: but omgosh, I will never complain about "getting too much snow" here after see those pictures! WHOA! All of that may be fun for a dog, but not for me!

XD

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Excellent pix! I am praying we get enough snow here this year that Shasta can have some real fun in it.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thing that stinks about that here is everything keeps on truckin'. Sad that we don't even bad an eye at what's now an almost record setting 4-day total of about 45 inches of snow (believe it's the 4th snowiest 4 day total ever)...98 hours straight of snow! Other than some delays and a few school cancelations...everything continues normally.

Oh, how I would love to have a "snow day" to stay home sipping cocoa and play with her in the snow. Instead it's 5AM and I'm getting ready to go shovel the 8 more inches we got over night so I can head to work. BOOO!

How long can a GSD stay out in snow like that? i always feel like its too cold for them or even when its not snowing but just cold i dont like walking my dog too long because i feel its too cold but looks like they can take it?..
Are you kidding me? :) That double coat acts like a super-dooper awesome jacket. This weather is what she lives for! She could stay out there all day. Granted, it's only in teens/low 20's. Not like it was sub-zero out there. With that cold, paws can get cold (Elsa's never do, though).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Your girl is lovely.

I guess I better quit complaining about how we've gotten dumped on in Michigan. We don't have half that much!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wonderful shots ! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts