·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know Emarie I thought of you:( I have a friend who volunteers at this shelter ..

·
Registered
349 Posts
I know Emarie I thought of you:( I have a friend who volunteers at this shelter ..
I am always concerned about when there are puppies at a shelter. People go there to get a "cute puppy" for cheap and then when the "terrible twos" hit they get rid of them.

Crud, I almost want to get her just to make sure she goes to someone I may know so she will go to a good home.

I had a german shepherd mix find me some months back. Just showed up at my backdoor here. So I know he was a drop off.
I at the time due to so many things going on with our business, etc, knew I couldn't keep him giving him the attention he needed.
The contractor who did stuff with our home here, and the same one on the one we will be moving into, has a helper with him who is in his 40's.
I only had this guy for 3 days, and when him and Eric met, it was meant to be.
He named him Champ and I see him then and again with Eric in his truck. They are a perfect match.
I was so happy.
Maybe I should start doing rescue work. My other place will have the room.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
No Eileen - It's Jan, not Steven. I'm stevenzachs(MOM). LOL! I'm just confusing you 'cause I got a new avatar. HA!

How about if you fostered the puppy? I think that would be a GREAT idea.

Is there a rescue that would take the puppy, if they had a foster?

·
Registered
349 Posts
No Eileen - It's Jan, not Steven. I'm stevenzachs(MOM). LOL! I'm just confusing you 'cause I got a new avatar. HA!

How about if you fostered the puppy? I think that would be a GREAT idea.

Is there a rescue that would take the puppy, if they had a foster?
Sorry Jan! LOL

As much as my heart goes out to that little girl, and Lord knows how I LOVE the smell of puppy breath (makes me weak in the knees) I really have to focus on Chance right now. He needs obedience training, his walnuts removed (This Thursday) plus I have contractors calling me on a daily basis with "Well we removed the drywall and discovered that the entire house needs to be rewired, plumbing is shot, roof needs replacing", blah blah.
You have no idea how badly I want that little girl, (who wouldn't?!) but I would not be able to give her the attention that she will need in regards to training ,etc.
Well I could, but I know my limits right now and Chance is taking up a lot of my time as it is.
I had just grabbed his leash right before I saw this and he has been JUMPING around, doing circles because he knows we are going to go for a walk and he loves those.
Thank goodness I can type fast :D
Got to run (literally)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Eileen, I really do apologize if I made you feel pressured to take this puppy. I have been following your threads and think you are absolutely amazing. You have already gone above and beyond to help the shelter dogs - especially Chance.

You are very wise to know your limits and yes - Chance needs you the most right now. Thank you for all you have done and are doing.

I'm sure someone will scoop this little girl up.
Jan

·
Registered
349 Posts
Eileen, I really do apologize if I made you feel pressured to take this puppy. I have been following your threads and think you are absolutely amazing. You have already gone above and beyond to help the shelter dogs - especially Chance.

You are very wise to know your limits and yes - Chance needs you the most right now. Thank you for all you have done and are doing.

I'm sure someone will scoop this little girl up.
Jan
No need to apologize! No one was pressuring me more than myself! LOL
I contacted Shannon who is with WV dog rescue asking her if she could help this little girl out. Shannon is not even 30 minutes away from this shelter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey everybody. That's my home county. Just wanted to let you know I called the shelter this morning to pull this baby BUT she was already adopted. Let's hope she did go to a good home and won't get returned when she hits her terrible twos.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey everybody. That's my home county. Just wanted to let you know I called the shelter this morning to pull this baby BUT she was already adopted. Let's hope she did go to a good home and won't get returned when she hits her terrible twos.
:fingerscrossed:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't post to put pressure on anyone, a friend volunteers at the shelter and thought I'd help her out. Thought maybe elaine might know someone looking,,:))

glad she's been adopted tho, I figured a puppy wouldn't last long:)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
she does all breed volunteer just at the local shelter in winfield

1 - 19 of 19 Posts