German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I haven't had any luck getting a hold of someone at the shelter.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ohh I hope you hear back! Her face reminds me sooo much of my big fella!!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1373033317.830643.jpg
Sweetest boy ever. The older girl looks scared and I just want to give her a cuddle! Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ever since I saw this Friday I haven't been able to get this girl out of my mind. I have a soft spot for seniors and this girl's coloring and facial markings remind me of our Sheba. And her eyes remind me of our Greta. And the scared/confused look on her face definitely remind me of the first time I saw Jake at the shelter.

Because of Jake's fear reactivity I don't think we could take in another dog. As much as I think he might benefit from a steady, confident, calm companion I wouldn't want to risk transporting a dog from NC to IA only to have it not work out. However, I would love to help this girl and was wondering if you know of any reputable GSD or senior dog rescues in your area that would be willing to pull her/foster her/try to find her a good home if I was willing to pay her adoption fee, any fees incurred in getting her/transporting her to their facility and maybe a donation to their organization?

Thanks!

Rita

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
petfinder site says she's been adopted. who knows, hopefully that's true. bless her heart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts