German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this handsome boy? Age? Temperament? HW-? HW+? Anything? There is nothing about him on the petfinder site except that he is <u>Belgian Shepherd Malinois, German Shepherd Dog[Mix] </u>.
The picture of him is mesmerizing - wow, he's a stunner.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have some more information about Evan:
"evan was found as a stray. we believe he is approx. 6months old. he is current on shots, heartworm neg andon flea protection. he was neutered today. he getsalong great with other dogs male and female. he issometimes shy until he trusts you and he loves to sitin your lap. he was on the run for over a month untila concerned citizen was able to catch him. he has beena good boy since coming to the shelter and will makean excellent companion. he is not hyper and is superhandsome. please complete our pre adoption form if youare interested in meeting/adopting Evan. thank you foryour interest in adopting a homeless pet. alicia"

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">BUMP</span> </span>for Evan

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Don't see the Mal..

You can't always go by the shelters guess....they aren't familiar all the time with all breeds...and it is after all a guess....

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Originally Posted By: myamomDon't see the Mal..

You can't always go by the shelters guess....they aren't familiar all the time with all breeds...and it is after all a guess....
I don't see Belgian Mal either. Normally don't they have more narrow faces?

Does anyone know if this is a kill shelter?

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not been able to find out if this is a kill shelter yet or not.

This is what the citizen who found him wrote. He is available for adoption at this time,
"
Quote: I LOCATED THIS PUPPY MYSELF!
I found this missing puppy and took him to the animal shelter for observation. I contacted the original owners, but, they do not want him back. They gave up on finding him and got another dog. This puppy is currently staying at the Clinton County Humane Society Shelter in Wilmington, Ohio. He is under observation (normal protocol) for a week before being placed on the adoption list. During his checkup, they said he appears to be healthy; just alittle malnourished because of running the town as a stray. He had a few burrs in his hair, but, they clipped those out, bathed him, etc. He is estimated to be around 5-6 months old. He is a pure black German Shepard/Belgian Malinois Shepard with the sweetest-looking eyes. If anyone is interested in adopting this sweet puppy, PLEASE, contact the rescue shelter and let them know. He was alittle shy at first because of being all alone, but, warmed up quickly. He has a very, sweet temperament and seemed happy to be in the company of people once again. He needs a loving home! Unfortunately at this time and place I can not take him in although I would love to have him! You can check out the link below or even call 937-383-0703 for more information.
(Michelle)
"

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Has there been any word on this boy? Is he going to rescue?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Oh please keep us updated with pics!! He is stunning!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can send pictures - SASRA volunteers are helping me with his behavior, since he has definitely been traumatized! I don't know how to post pictures here - can anyone tell me how to do that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
To Michelle
You said you found Even - do you know anything more about his background? I can let you know how he's doing - would love to know more about his pedigree. Thanks! Deb

·
Registered
30 Posts
Update on Even. Very slow progress.... He was more than traumatized - more like feral. After several months, he is beginning to understand his routine, but only wants to be in his crate, pen or stall. Cannot be off-leash, stops thinking, panics, runs, hides! I think he recognizes me and will sometimes leave his crate to explore the house if I am home alone. My adult daughter spends time with him every other day, but I do not think he recognizes her yet. He is going to be a great dog if he can get over his fear of people (all people, at this point) and if I can avoid losing him. He got away in a rainstorm once & it took hours to find him hiding in a ravine. He did let me catch him, which is progress.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts