German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on her before, but the picture was old. Here are a few updated pictures of her. She's a bit wet on her lower half (she loves to crawl in the water buckets!). And I can't get a show stack for the life of me (could be why I have to enroll in a handler's course!).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice girl. She will definitely do better in UKC than AKC. You will need to learn to stack her and learn all the ring patterns, make sure you have an unobtrusive collar and lead (something that doesn't draw attention away from the dog). Also, UKC conformation shows may or may not allow bait, depending on the judge, so prepare for both situations. (UKC considers "bait" either food or a toy/squeaker)

Good luck!

Christine

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yup, seems like more German style dogs show in UKC. In order to show in AKC, I know this sounds bad, most of the time, you have to buy an AKC show dog. Or a dog that was bred by the breeders striving to produce dogs for that ring.
Shes nice none the less, I love the red instead of tan.
So just go and have a blast and who cares about anybody elses opinion except the judges of course.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Pretty bitch. Nice color, but I would prefer more black on the face. Her mask is washed out. Decent shoulder, although the upper arm could be longer. Good croup, but I would like to see a little longer stifle and shorter hocks. Overall an attractive dog.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nice looking gal, I would say definitely UKC, not enough anugulation for the AKC ring. And UKC is definitely more owner/handler friendly, especially in the German Shepherd Dog world! Could use a little more black in the face. I love a dark face!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts