German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What a beautiful spot... my first career was wildlife biology and I miss it... she looks great.
It's fun when I'm doing field work. Then there's the low pay...and the politics...and the people constantly telling you they know more than you do about the elk population because they "went hiking and didn't see any elk therefore the wolves must've eaten them all and the biologists are all liars"....:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
The field work was the best- but then, if you want full time work that's really hard to get, and working for an environmental consulting firm they expect crazy hours and lots of travel. And there are certainly politics as well, especially about wolves! But it was great fun seeing so many remote places and handling unique animals, and the travel and seasonal field work was fun for a time. With pets and family, though, that lifestyle doesn't work anymore. Sure is beautiful out there in Montana.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
That is a pretty picture! She looks like she just took in a big breath of fresh mountain air and was thinking "ahhhh, look at that view!"

21 - 24 of 24 Posts