German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xyla seems very smart for her age. Already knows sit, lay, come and working on stay. She does not mouth to much so far. Do all German Shepherds go through this land shark mode?

Also, when do they normally start? She is almost 10 weeks old.

Thanks everyone, great website!
Attached is a pic of her.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
My puppy is 13 weeks old. Not bitey at all. The little tiny bit he does is easily redirected. So, no, not all of them are landsharks :)

Pretty puppy!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Roxy is 4 months old in 2 days...hasn't been much of a land shark. We are not accepting biting at all so she gets a "no bite" in mom voice. We also will give her a toy she can chew. I hope we are just stopping it before it even gets started...but so far I've been one really happy lucky furmom from what I can tell with some of the puppy stuff Roxy just doesn't or hasn't done yet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Either I did something magical or Shadow never really went landshark. She and our other dog ripped up the stuffed toys we had before while fighting over them (our older Golden loved stuffed toys *sadface*), but we replaced them with rope toys and nylabone hard chews and she never touched the furniture or nipped us much outside of playing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
mine got much worse at 12 weeks. she was so sweet from the time i got her until then! She is currently 4 months and still a shark but is more controllable with verbal cues at this point. Honestly she is really only a shark now when she is tired and wants attention and should lay down and go to sleep.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dex started at 4 months old, (I noticed alot more marks on my hands and arms) but hes still not very mouthy though compared to some I have read. We did the iced cloths in the freezer and chew toys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts