German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Loki my 10week old GSD x. His mum was a crossbreed but she had very strong pointy ears, his dad was a gsd and his were a bit floppy. Loki's ears seem to change from floppy to pointy! Here are some pics :) ImageUploadedByPG Free1368263199.856870.jpg floppy.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1368263221.785387.jpg one pointy.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1368263268.420389.jpg floppy.
ImageUploadedByPG Free1368263286.668815.jpg both pointy!
ImageUploadedByPG Free1368263310.655686.jpg and this was this morning! Trying to point but still floppy haha.
So what do we think? When did your pups ears go up? Did you tape? Thanks :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I didn't think Knuckles' was going to stand either. Around 6 months he had one floppy ear and one pointy one for a week or so, I finally put a breathe right strip on the one overnight... they both have stood ever since. Sometimes I think that it would have just popped on it's own that night, but I'll never know.
I was so jealous of the puppies that I saw at have pointy ears right from the start... but now I can look back at the pictures and enjoy the ear adventure :)
From your pics, I'd say they will... they are on their own little adventure ride!

·
Registered
111 Posts
My old GSD, rover, took a while to stand up straight and it frustrated me. What you can do is include a bit more calcium in the dog's diet, it help the cartilage become a tad stronger, I wouldn't mind calcium pills, just do not over do it; it may cause problems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
KHALEESI's stood up two weeks ago....she is 9 weeks now. I am pretty sure they will.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts